WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Ball Trainmaster Pulsemeter COSC so there are times when I don't want to wear it as it might get damaged. I have bought a cheaper second hand watch with a similar movement and made my own bezel insert.
I have been looking for sources of custom made inserts but found a youtube video describing how to print water resistant vinyl stickers for cars on a normal printer. I bought some printable adhesive vinyl sheets and worked out the placement of each marker using the formula Angle=15x360/BPM for timing over 15 mins.
I designed the insert on publisher and cut the insert out with a cutting compass from a craft store.
The result is not perfect but the insert can be replaced easily when it wears out.
I was wondering whether I would be able to obtain a proper custom made bezel insert at a reasonable price?

·
Registered
833 Posts
i like the look - no idea where you can them custom done but perhaps you could try an engineering/machine shop to do some insert blanks. and later get them engraved with the markings you need or use your vinyl stickers method.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
That's not bad at all, and let me throw something else out there - bezel protectors. Print it exactly like the existing bezel and use it to prevent scratches and dings from everyday use. You'd just have to insure it can be removed relatively easy without taking off the existing finish.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's not bad at all, and let me throw something else out there - bezel protectors. Print it exactly like the existing bezel and use it to prevent scratches and dings from everyday use. You'd just have to insure it can be removed relatively easy without taking off the existing finish.
That's a good idea, the original bezel insert on this watch is pretty dinged and scratched. Could forget the printing and use transparent film if it's just for protection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts