WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across the listing for a Maurice Lacroix in Amazon.

I know amazon is not an authorized reseller, but I found two watches of seemingly same model with only a difference in the dial color being priced drastically differently.

The black dialed watch priced at $1126 and the white dialed watch priced about $700 less.

The model numbers are PT6058-SS001-11E (white) & PT6058-SS001-31E (black).

I did notice that the white also had only two left in stock. It has since gone out of stock with 50% help from me.

Why would the white one be priced at such a low price? Is black more preferable or is it just a pricing glitch by amazon?

@ $400 is this a good buy?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Amazon sells things at huge discounts. You can find great deals and they're one of the best companies to be part of our lifetime.
I think ML tends to sell at significantly less than what ML originally asks. Amazon is probably just taking a huge chunk out of profits to move them and get a newer or better model.

$1100 is waaaaaaaaay too high for a Pontos like that. You can get yourself a Masterpiece series for the same amount.

Those watches normally sell on eBay for about $450 and they're worth a little more (maybe about $600). There is also a square type that sells for around $500.

I have several ML watches and they're one of my favorite companies. You've done well with the watch at that price point!

Get some pictures in when you get it! You'll should be very pleased!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info on the brand. I have seen Maurice Lacroix mentioned here, but I have never seen one before.

It was delivered today, but I won't have it in my hands until Friday when I get home. Will post some pictures then.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Thanks!

Here are some pictures of mine if you are looking for some others. Both are from the Masterpiece series.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts