WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read somewhere that Ball was producing their own in-house movements. Is this a recent development that affects the current line, or is it a future implementation? Or have all their watches been in-house all along? I suppose I could do some more digging around, but considering most of my answers are from old forums, this seemed like a logical place to start.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
It's a constant rumor, but all of the current models use ETA movements ranging from unmodified to pretty heavily modified.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Well this in-house movement testing rumors is definitely interesting. It requires millions to be become truly vertical/independent. I would speculate that it is a collaboration with third party watch movement manufacturer. Beside their new office address seem to be an office/workshop building rather than a manufacturing factory building...:wink:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Beside their new office address seem to be an office/workshop building rather than a manufacturing factory building...:wink:
Well, corporate addresses & manufacturing addresses aren't always the same so it's possible they could be manufacturing it elsewhere. I have no idea on Ball specifically, but many of the true manufactures utilize several buildings (sometimes spread across several cities) for the manufacturing process.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts