WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys

You know me. The thought of it is nothing short of a horror story

I used to buy double-cuffed shirts. That was before my WIS days of course. Now I have a whole stack of unworn shirts I perhaps should donate to a charity shop. Some folk say cufflinks wont get in the way of watches but know what? I ain't hanging around to find out!!!

How 'bout you pals? Do you wear cufflinks?

Y'all be well now :001_smile:

ZIN

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Absolutely. Almost all my dress shirts require cufflinks. And to date I've never had any issue with any watch or it's bracelet getting damaged by them. And remember, I don't wear small watches... :wink: :lol:

I really don't see too many ways a cufflink can damage a watch. After all, most of the metals outside the cuff, not inside....

·
Registered
484 Posts
I will wear cufflinks with all of my shirts that require them, like Scott I have never had any issues with my watches getting damaged.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yep, wear cufflinks to work most days. Not had any problems so far.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
I do not wear cuff links, as that is one extra thing I have to worry about. Funny story though....... Was at a customer site, and one guy wore them. Unfortunately he forgot his, and used the pins in the hotel bathroom kit. We were eating breakfast when I saw them and I cracked up laughing. No one on site noticed though.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Gentlemen

You are braver men than I

:D:D:D

Be well palZ :thumbup1:

ZIN

Hey pal,

You ever wear jackets with snap closures on the end of the sleeves? Or wear jeans & put your hand in the pockets (directly above is usually a rivit)? Or reach inside a jacket to an inner pocket with the watch hand (past the zipper of the jacket)? I think all of these items pose a much higher risk of incident (which is still very small) than a cuff-link....
Yea, they may eventually give a very minor scuff (not even a scratch). But that's what cape cod cloths are for... :thumbup1:

Plus, if your cuffs are tight enough to get the cuff-link near the watch, you need to buy bigger shirts - that's way too tight! :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :001_smile:

·
Registered
158 Posts
There is always a solution -- I generally don't wear a WRISTwatch with cufflinks

Cufflink watches

Set to two different time zones

If I need a third time zone . . . either this

or this

·
Registered
711 Posts
I prefer cuff links on my dress shirts, plus I wear western shirts with snaps on the cuffs with jeans. No problems yet.:cool1:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey pal,
.........Or wear jeans & put your hand in the pockets (directly above is usually a rivit)? Or reach inside a jacket to an inner pocket with the watch hand (past the zipper of the jacket)? I think all of these items pose a much higher risk of incident (which is still very small) than a cuff-link....
Yea, they may eventually give a very minor scuff (not even a scratch). But that's what cape cod cloths are for... :thumbup1:

Plus, if your cuffs are tight enough to get the cuff-link near the watch, you need to buy bigger shirts - that's way too tight! :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :001_smile:
Hey Pal

I never put my hands in the pockets of my jeans - that's what cowboys do:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: - no offense intended towards cowboys naturally ;)

Reach into an inner jacket pocket past a zipper

No Fear !!!

That's what Cape Cod cloths are for

Possibly but I hold by the premise that

Prevention Is Better Than Cure :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Cufflinks imho are an UNACCEPTABLE RISK
anywhere near a watch

Have a nice day now :001_smile:

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Hi Zin,

I used to have exactly the same attitude as you. Infact with some of my watches I still do. My AT is still pristine. Maybe it's in respect to how you looked after it originally.

However, my attitude changed last year when I bought my brand new Breitling Super Avenger. All my other watches were in storage whilst we were moving. I knew the watch could take it so I wore it work (I often have my hands inside electrical equipment) and I did the whole move in it. It took a right beating and there are now multiple scratches and scrapes on it. But I thought, what the heck I love wearing this watch, it can take it and a Breitling service will make it pristine again.

Sorry to waffle on about a Breitling but it leads me on to my recently aquired Gemini IV Speedy Pro. I have been wearing this for work and general odd jobs. There again, I love wearing it so what's the point in having it locked up for nine hours a day whilst I'm at work. The Hesalite already needs a polish but that's no big deal.

Why has my attitude changed? I really don't know. Maybe I realised that I was pampering these watches when they were designed to take anything I could reasonably throw at them.

Still, that AT sure looks good in it's current state.:biggrin: Maybe I still need to have an immaculate watch in my collection.

Crikey, Sigmund Freud would have had a field day with me.:eek:hmy:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I've only worn cuff links with a tux, and that was before my watch-wearing days. Handcuffs, now that will do some damage to a watch :scared:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts