WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at ads, articles and examples of Cuervo y Sobrinos watches and I've got to say if any company has got this 30s-40s-retro thing NAILED, it is this revivified brand. Anyone got any experience with these high-end timepieces?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I agree. I'm really into cigars and they offered a limited edition model in 06 that came with a hand made humidor as the presentation box.

·
Registered
820 Posts
No personal experience, but I read a great article in the current Watch Time magazine about their history. I think it's a great company and I'd love to get one; they make some exceptional pieces!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Their collection is awesome looking. I just find it funny a Cuban company can make a Swiss watch.
I have read several articles on the company and all seem favorable, I would just like to see one in person.
Any forum members have one?

·
Banned
80 Posts
Their collection is awesome looking. I just find it funny a Cuban company can make a Swiss watch.
I have read several articles on the company and all seem favorable, I would just like to see one in person.
Any forum members have one?

The company is owned by two rich Italians. They are really not a Cuban company at all. If they were then they would be contraband in the US.lol

They look like great watches. They seem to have their own style and thats a big advantage with so many companies producing watches.

I would love to see one up close!

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
I have seen the brand in person at several ADs here in south Florida.
The designs are handsome, the pieces seem well-made - but they are very pricey.
I'm not certain I'd buy one since there are other watches in the same market catagory that I like more and think are a bit better.
However, the packaging is killer.
It may just be that I'm put off by the "bogus" heritage of the new model line. That stuff always makes my skin crawl. It's petty, I suppose. And in the end wouldn't keep me from a watch I really loved.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesn't seem a bogus heritage to me. The designs (although made to modern size) are taken directly from the original drawings found by the new owners of the name in the abandoned Cuervo y Sobrinos store in Havana. And the original run of new watches was powered by the 25 vintage movements found in a case in the strongroom, according to the article in Watch Time magazine. The original company never made its own watches, but owned several Swiss factories where the designs were turned into watches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts