WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAD TO SEND THE WATCH BACK FOR A NOS CRYSTAL. I WASN'T SURE IF THE STAMPED INK DATE WAS STILL THERE. ASKED MARTIN IF HE COULD SEND ME A FOTO OF THE INSIDE OF THE BACK COVER.

:thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I don't have a clue but there are several people here who know more than i do about them so we'll hope to hear from them.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Don't look at me!
"An asterisk (*; Late Latin: asteriscus, from Greek: ἀστερίσκος, asteriskos, "little star")[1] is a typographical symbol or glyph. It is so called because it resembles a conventional image of a star. Computer scientists and mathematicians often pronounce it as star (as, for example, in the A* search algorithm or C*-algebra). In English, an asterisk is usually five-pointed in sans-serif typefaces, six-pointed in serif typefaces, and six- or eight-pointed when handwritten.
The asterisk is derived from the need of the printers of family trees in feudal times for a symbol to indicate date of birth. The original shape was seven-armed,[citation needed] each arm like a teardrop shooting from the center. Many cultures have their own unique versions of the asterisk.[citation needed]
In computer science, the asterisk is commonly used as a wildcard character, or to denote pointers, repetition, and multiplication.
"

In this case, who knows! :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts