WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,

Please, if you know, help me identify the correct size and or crystal number for this timepiece. 2423.11 movement in a 3840 case from 1978. I am happy with generic crystls, just wnt to order one and UV glue it in. Crystal is roughly 24mm x 26mm x 1mm.

Thanks,

Dan

IMG-3624.jpg

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Dan,
My case parts catalog is dated 1974 and doesn't have this case number in it. But Borel says the crystal number is 1796M.

Usually these crystals aren't cemented in, they are pressed in with a thin plastic gasket between the case and crystal's edge.

I have other Bulova odd shaped mineral crystals here, and it looks like there is always a new gasket in the envelope with them. Some are roughly the shape of yours, but the gasket is not shaped, it's round. Installing it may be a bit of an adventure.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Heh, he said adventure. In my mind, adventure is looking for the spring bar that shot across the room. This seems a little more interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or those pesky date trip springs! They simply vanish in front of your eyes, although now that I know how to do it I haven't lost one since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Dan,
My case parts catalog is dated 1974 and doesn't have this case number in it. But Borel says the crystal number is 1796M.

Usually these crystals aren't cemented in, they are pressed in with a thin plastic gasket between the case and crystal's edge.

I have other Bulova odd shaped mineral crystals here, and it looks like there is always a new gasket in the envelope with them. Some are roughly the shape of yours, but the gasket is not shaped, it's round. Installing it may be a bit of an adventure.
Thank you so much for the information. I suppose that now all I have to do is hunt down that part.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Place an order here and see what happens. If it is out of stock they won't charge your card and will refund/cancel the purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts