WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Hamilton Cushion B without a crystal. It measures 23.9mm, but I'm not certain what type it was. I ordered a basic hi-dome plastic crystal, but seller doesn't have it in stock, so if I can find suitable glass replacement that I can get sooner, that would be great. I'm dealing with Esslinger, but anywhere else would be fine. Thanks!
IMG_1559-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I would use a "domed mineral glass" crystal and use UV glue. You can get both from Esslinger. 23.9 sounds small so double check your measurement.

Here's one on the Cushion.

Reactions: SeanO

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Yup, that's it. I try to use glass whenever I can. I think a good plastic option might be the GS PK low dome. I don't think a higher dome is needed when there's not a sweep second hand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

I'm going to try my hand with the glass domed. These are the other watches I'm ordering for. The more I think about it, I realize the hi-dome plastic would look obtuse, if they work at all. I think Esslinger saved me from myself by not having the one crystal in stock. If anyone can verify or overrule my 23.9mm measurement, please shout out.

Thanks for info! I'll update with result.
IMG_1561.jpg IMG_1560.jpg

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I looked at my last order for a cushion and it was a 23.8 so I think you're good to go.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
I just received 2 NOS Cushion B crystals. They are 23.8mm as measured by my digital caliper. The crystals I picked-up are from B&B and they are marked HB 238 -- 10 9/16.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Completed. B&B Crystal

I ended up getting the B&B HB 238 crystal from Esslinger. Cost $15. It's taller and more "bubbly" than I expected. I'm sure there were less expensive options that would be adequate, but I'm pleased and appreciate all the help. Pictures of "completed" project. I know this is a strap watch, but for now, the well-worn Speidel it came with cleaned up ok, and will have to do for now.

Crystal top.jpg Crystal Side.jpg a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts