WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Search "Chronomatic" and/or "destro"

IMHO, the most famous were the Cal 11/12 from Hamilton/Breitling/Heuer - the first automatic chronograph to come to market. Mr. Rick has an unbelievable collection of the Heuer models.

Here is my Hamilton Chronomatic. I need to take new pictures on its blue leather Panatime

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Destro...

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Several of the Sinn models have the crown on the 9 o'clock side. The EZM3 is one such model. The UX GSG 9 has the crown at the 10 o'clock position. I am told that this is for divers so that the crown will not dig into the wet suit at the 3 o'clock position. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Perhaps it's just me, but the crown at 9 seems to make more sense to me. No dig into the wrist and better protected.

Those more knowledgable than might shed some insight why the crown is in most cases at 3.

thanks

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree it makes more sense, but I think it goes back to manual wind watches. It's easier for a right handed person to wind and set, plus watches were small enough there was no crown-comfort issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.