WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, great watch recently acquired has become my daily driver. It is very heavy, 268 grams. The clasp is push button that can & does open in certain odd wrist positions such as carrying something heavy. I’m trying to find a double lock clasp, push button or otherwise, to solve this issue. However, SS bracelet is 23 MM as is one side of the clasp. The other side of the clasp is probably 20MM (see the 2 pics of the clasp. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but, Croton CS will sell a new, identical, push button clasp for $25.00 +4.99 shipping, which is in inventory. They do not have a double locking clasp for this model watch/bracelet. However, I do not think there is anything wrong with my clasp. It seems to work perfectly fine except when my wrist is flexed in certain positions such as grabbing/lifting a heavy object which depresses the push button enough to release the pin, popping open the clasp. I took the clasp apart to some degree in an attempt to allow it more travel. And that was successful but it still will pop open as my flexed wrist depressed the push button. This why I was hoping to find an aftermarket double locking clasp.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think it's going to be really hard to find a bracelet that is 20mm on one side and 23mm on the other.

Would you be interested in going with a strap? You might be able to buy two straps, identical except for the size, and use one on one side, and one on the other. You would just need to compare the buckle ends to make sure they still line up.

This is a tough one, unless you can find a custom bracelet - which might be cost prohibitive.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will be along with better ideas.

·
Super Moderator
15,308 Posts
Have you looked at sites such as:

globalwatchband
watchgecko
strappedfortime
strapsco

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finding a clasp for the two different widths proved impossible. I went back to Croton CS seeking a 23 MM bracelet end link (clasp end). Unbelievably they are shipping one to me, gratis. I found a heavy bracelet (quality) on ebay for ridiculously low cost which will be the donor for double locking safety clasp...will post pic once i receive & change out the end link & clasp.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Outstanding! Great to hear that Croton came thru with good customer service! Looking forward to seeing pics with the new band.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The new link from Croton arrived today. However, the clasp side of it was approx 1/8 inch longer than the link it was replacing as it is actually the link for the opposite side of the bracelet. Went to a local machine shop to have it shaved down via an end mill.
And now I am happy as a clam😁

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts