WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CREPAS is a fairly new boutique dive watch company based out of Southern Spain that is currently very hot in the dive watch community. CREPAS is an acronym for Compañía Relojera Especializada para Actividades Subacuáticas (translation: Specialized Watch Company for Underwater Activities). The Tektite is CREPAS’s fourth release and the limited run of 199 pieces sold out not long after it entered the pre-order phase. I was fortunate enough to be offered an incredible deal on one a couple weeks ago and I jumped on it!

Unboxing photos:

The white cardboard outer box.

The impressive leather double-deck presentation box.

I have never seen a kit this extensive before accompanying a watch in the Tektite’s price range! An absolutely fantastic overall presentation.

A list of what’s included with this watch:
  • Stainless steel bracelet with solid end links
  • Stainless steel mesh bracelet
  • 2 nylon Zulu straps (black and orange)
  • Fitted rubber strap (not pictured – explained later on)
  • Extra buckle
  • Extra strap pins
  • 2 screwdrivers
  • 1 strap change tool
  • Polishing cloth
  • Instruction manual in color
  • CREPAS hat (not pictured)

Each Tektite, in accordance with ISO 6425 guidelines, was pressure tested to 125% of its rated depth resistance. A certificate is provided as proof that the case passed the 250 bar pressure test without any leakage or damage.

Finally, onto the watch!

The CREPAS Tektite pays homage to the vintage Certina DS2 PH500. The borrowed design cues are quite apparent and certainly not a bad thing. The fit and finish is extraordinary especially for a timepiece in its price range. All in all, the Tektite is a stunner!

The Tektite case is a tank, which is to be expected for a watch rated to a depth of 2000m. It measures 45mm in diameter and 17.90mm thick and it weighs in at a hefty 248g. The sapphire crystal and stainless steel caseback alone measure in at 5mm and 4.50mm thick, respectively.

I was slightly concerned when I read that the case thickness measured 17.90mm, but my concern was immediately alleviated when I received the watch. Despite the case’s thickness, the caseback feels as if it “sinks” into the wrist, resulting in the Tektite sitting quite comfortably on my ~7.25” wrist. There’s very little noticeable “flopping around” even when the case is being worn on a thinner nylon strap.

A HEV (helium escape valve) is located on the side of the case in the 9 o’clock position.

The stainless steel caseback is very beautifully executed.

I love the simple and well thought-out multi-dimensional dial. Just enough writing and color contrast to balance the dial and I especially like that the date is seamlessly integrated into the 6 o’clock index. As you can see in the next photo, the chapter ring is slightly raised over the enamel dial.

The Tektite’s bezel has a beautiful lume-backed sapphire insert. The bezel is a 120-click, bi-directional locking bezel. What that means is the bezel in its resting position is locked in place; to rotate the bezel in either direction, the bezel must first be depressed to disengage the locking mechanism.

It glows! The dial and the backing of the sapphire bezel insert are lumed with C3 Superluminova.

On the solid end link stainless steel bracelet:

My one and only complaint about the Tektite after a couple weeks of ownership is the quality, or lack thereof, of the bracelet’s buckle. It’s really pretty much the only aspect of the Tektite that feels somewhat “cheap” in its construction.

On the stainless steel mesh bracelet with a diver’s extension:

On a striped orange/black/cream NATO strap I purchased separately:

On the included black Zulu strap:

On the included orange Zulu strap:

A stock photo of the prototype fitted rubber strap:

This rubber strap is currently still in production and will be mailed to Tektite owners when they’re finished. CREPAS had to send the first batch back to the manufacturer because the straps didn’t meet CREPAS’s quality expectations.

I hope you enjoyed the photos and reading my thoughts on this awesome dive watch!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
CREPAS Tektite

Spec List:

Dimensions:
  • Case diameter: 45mm
  • Case thickness: 17.90mm
  • Lug-to-lug: 51mm
  • Lug width: 22mm
  • Sapphire crystal thickness: 5mm
  • Caseback thickness: 4.5mm

Materials:
  • Case, bezel, crown, and caseback: 316L stainless steel (brushed and polished)
  • Link and mesh bracelets: Stainless steel
  • Crystal and bezel insert: Sapphire
  • Gaskets: Viton and Tefzel
  • Lume: C3 Superluminova

Features:
  • Numbered and limited to 199 pieces worldwide
  • Swiss ETA 2824-2 top grade
  • Water resistant 200 ATM / 2000 m/ 6560 ft. Screw-down crown and caseback cover.
  • Antimagnetic: 70.000A/m
  • Drilled lugs with screw bars
  • Auto block 120 click bezel
  • Helium escape valve

·
Registered
91 Posts
I came accros this maker last saturday and sent an email straight away saying I wanted one
Needless to say I was told they were sold out already!
Hope to be ready for their next release as they really are special and as every other post I've read says their quality and value for money is exceptional
Great watch I for one am very jealous!
Guy

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I came accros this maker last saturday and sent an email straight away saying I wanted one
Needless to say I was told they were sold out already!
Hope to be ready for their next release as they really are special and as every other post I've read says their quality and value for money is exceptional
Great watch I for one am very jealous!
Guy
Thanks Guy!

I'd recommend keeping an eye out on the various sales forums. People were flipping these at a pretty unusually high rate when they were first released a while back, probably because of the low quantity/high demand (potential to make a small profit) and because people weren't able to get used to the Tektite's heft. I was very lucky and was offered mine for a very generous price so I had to jump on it!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another Fullswing Inc. watch. Got another one of their watches, so far so good!

And yes their bracelets are marginal at best :sad:
The link bracelet and the mesh bracelet are both pretty nice I feel, even the buckle on the mesh bracelet I quite like. It's just the buckle on the link bracelet that I have an issue with. It feels flimsy and I'm not a fan of the way it operates (I prefer a button-operated clasp like the one on the mesh bracelet).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.