WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this for peanuts on the 'bay, coming from India so could be a while. Advertised as a sport's watch, fully working and serviced, with a polished case and re-finished dial! What shall I do with it? Ideas, anyone? Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Watch accessory
Watch Watch accessory Metal Fashion accessory Font
Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Silver

·
Registered
76 Posts
The first thing to do is have it serviced...

Got this for peanuts on the 'bay, coming from India so could be a while. Advertised as a sport's watch, fully working and serviced, with a polished case and re-finished dial! What shall I do with it? Ideas, anyone? View attachment 32182 View attachment 32183 View attachment 32184 View attachment 32185
No matter what the claims may be; these things are seldom if ever freshly serviced.
After that; you have a lot of choices. The most difficult would be to try restoring it with OEM parts. Much easier is to use it as a base for mods.

Please don't put one of those crappy green marker AM dials or wrong bezel inserts on it; that just makes it look worse than the wabi it has now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got this for peanuts on the 'bay, coming from India so could be a while. Advertised as a sport's watch, fully working and serviced, with a polished case and re-finished dial! What shall I do with it? Ideas, anyone? View attachment 32182 View attachment 32183 View attachment 32184 View attachment 32185
I have a pretty nice factory dial left over from a mod I did that you could have for the few dollars it would cost to get it to you....(if you decide to go that route)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a pretty nice factory dial left over from a mod I did that you could have for the few dollars it would cost to get it to you....(if you decide to go that route)

I'm afraid that dial never came from a Seiko factory. It's one of the common after market pieces with incorrect fonts, wrong colour markers and the tell-tail fat points on the 12 o'clock marker.

But it would definitely look better than the one that is on the watch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.