WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent several hours on the marathon Invicta had going on since Thursday. I missed grabbing one of the RPD 7750's they had up for $550, that was a steal. Oh well you snooze you lose I guess. I thought I would redeem myself, although I paid a few dollars more and bought two new additions this morning. I guess today hasn't been a total loss. I snagged a PD 1002 with the new NH35A engine for $99 and a 1542 RPD Lithium SL for $155.00. Not bad, not a giveaway like the marathon deals but. I think I did ok. I'll post some pics when they hit home in a couple of days..:wink:

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Great pickups. I saw the pro diver with the 7750 for $550 and was tempted too. Can't wait for pics and could you give us your impression of the NH35A movement?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well done! :biggrin: I'm really liking my RPD COSC 4463 as well!
Oh yeah, GREAT pickup:thumbup1:, You knew I got a Gold, fully documented 4466 last month to go along with my 4463 didnt you? I do enjoy the dressy look of that Gold. Kinda nice to wear when I throw on a suit a couple of times a week.:cool1:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here they are guys. The PD 1002 and the RPD 1542

Well this new NH35a seems to be smooth as silk on the sweep at times, but it does react like a quartz or it could just be me (it has that little stutter or hesitation as it moves,it seems to smooth out at times,must be a characteristic of the movement). It has that minute hesitation. Nothing wrong with that though. I like it. Nice lume too. Nothing like that 1542 though, I have seen others I own that dont come close to the lume quality that watch does. I rate it up there with my Marine Alpha 500, its that good. A full day charge and after a day it is still reasonably bright. They musta put a good dose of Luminova in it.That surprised me. Prob an exception and not the rule I'll bet. The RPD has the Ronda 715LI in it, that's a decent movement from what I have read, so that watch ought to be a great daily wear watch as well.Here are some shots.

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
62 Posts
I spent several hours on the marathon Invicta had going on since Thursday. I missed grabbing one of the RPD 7750's they had up for $550, that was a steal. Oh well you snooze you lose I guess. I thought I would redeem myself, although I paid a few dollars more and bought two new additions this morning. I guess today hasn't been a total loss. I snagged a PD 1002 with the new NH35A engine for $99 and a 1542 RPD Lithium SL for $155.00. Not bad, not a giveaway like the marathon deals but. I think I did ok. I'll post some pics when they hit home in a couple of days..:wink:
Great pick up, on that day I also picked up one that day it was the green version on the 1543 it is a great watch love that 10 year battery, and super lume!

BTW what is the material that the bezel is made of on the 1543 it looks like it might contain rubber I thought it may be ceramic but it but it does not shine or feel like it?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great pick up, on that day I also picked up one that day it was the green version on the 1543 it is a great watch love that 10 year battery, and super lume!

BTW what is the material that the bezel is made of on the 1543 it looks like it might contain rubber I thought it may be ceramic but it but it does not shine or feel like it?
Its the metal bezel, just a bad camera angle. Its very shiny.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Its the metal bezel, just a bad camera angle. Its very shiny.
No I don't think that bezel on the 1543 is metal, its looks more like some type of compound of very hard plastic which I think is cool because that means that it won't pick up scratches like a metal bezel would over time. It is not shiny like a metal or ceramic bezel. I like the look and and feel of the bezel also the lume is embeded into the bezel not painted on it this makes this watch look very durable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The 1542 is definitely metal - I know because mine just fell out...

I have a separate thread about mine (not much more than 8 weeks old and very little use and no hard use) with the bezel losing its lume and now falling off. When it was new though it was a truly great looking watch and keeps excellent time. Very hard wearing. A mate of mine totally accepted my tease that I paid just over $10k for it - and he was wearing a near new Omega Planet Ocean large size.

I am about to ship mine back to the states from Australia for a replacement and cant wait to get it back.

Invicta is a little known brand here, which is sweet..

To my mind the 1542 has the best of a Sub and Planet Ocean in one.

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts