WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Counterclockwise...who knew?

916 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  falcon4311 
#1 ·
I recently plugged in my new winder, a Tech Swiss two-watch model. A member here told me a couple of months ago about the Orbita watch database. The Invicta listings were limited and none of the models specified the Miyota 8215 movement, so I looked up Miyota. There was one listing for the 82xx movement. It said that it should be wound clockwise 650-950 turns per day. So I set my winder for clockwise rotation, a 33-second burst every 15 minutes. The next day I look at my watch and it stopped. I increase the burst to once every 12 minutes and start it up again. The next day the watch had stopped. I hadn't tried everyhing yet so I don't want to exchange the winder. I flip it on counterclockwise, once every 12 minutes. A day and a half later the watch is still running in the winder.
If I get a watch with another movement I suppose I will have to go through the trial and error process again.

#4 ·
I've seen that arrow before and just took another look at it. When you look at the back of the watch the arrow does point in the counterclockwise direction. Of course, when you turn the watch over to the front the direction of the arrow is reversed. :blink::confused1: In any case I figured it out. As our distant ancestors would have put it, clockwise bad, counterclockwise good. :thumbup1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.