WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just bought this second hand. It's an invicta pro diver ocean ghost. I got it at a local pawn shop for $50 and couldn't be happier! Its not my first invicta, but it's my first automatic invicta. Its also my first Miyota 8215. My only complaints are: it has a film or a haze under the crystal but I heard that's on a LOT of invictas. It's not water vapor it's just a film. And The crown has excessive play when pulled out. That's about it. The miyota stutter is kinda funny to watch. You will see"ticktickticktick.....ticktickticktick" lmao. Great watch tho!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
congrats on the new to you addition, thats a great model and really has a nice look to it, I had wanted one with a white face in the worst way possible, but never ended up buying one, there should be no "film" in the crystal, I have never heard that it is considered "normal" either. Also if the crown has alot or more then normal play in it, that would make me kinda leary, but thats me.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!I hear LOTS of cases of film. If you do a google search you will find it :/ and the crown does have some play. I'm not sure if it's because it's a really long crown stem or not tho. I'll keep my eye on it. It is screwed down most of the time so it shouldn't eject any time soon lol

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Congratulations on a great pickup. Every Invicta collection should have an ocean ghost. Wait a sec... I don't have one... mmmm.

I've heard of the film on the underside and have had experience with it myself. On three models I've owned (Lupah Diver, Sea Thunder, and Reserve Pro Diver) I've had to open the watch up and clean crystal from the inside with good results. I'm not sure where this film comes from but it bothered the hell out of me. I never notice it after purchasing a new watch, but maybe it develops over time, because it definitely becomes noticeable. Its not moisture but is more oily in nature. Each time I've cleaned a watch it's never returned... yet.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
patsbosoxfan said:
Congratulations on a great pickup. Every Invicta collection should have an ocean ghost. Wait a sec... I don't have one... mmmm.

I've heard of the film on the underside and have had experience with it myself. On three models I've owned (Lupah Diver, Sea Thunder, and Reserve Pro Diver) I've had to open the watch up and clean crystal from the inside with good results. I'm not sure where this film comes from but it bothered the hell out of me. I never notice it after purchasing a new watch, but maybe it develops over time, because it definitely becomes noticeable. Its not moisture but is more oily in nature. Each time I've cleaned a watch it's never returned... yet.
Thanks! Yeah I tried opening the case back but it was incredibly tight.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Have you purchased a case holder and case back opener? Both can be found really cheap online.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts