WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help! Could anyone identify this Hamilton?

Please could anyone identify this Hamilton. I inherited from my father. Was my precious tressor for sentimental reasons. But I've been robbed. For police and insurace reasons is very urgent for me to identify de model of this watch.

Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,695 Posts
It appears to be from the 1980s, which is after the American factory closed down, which makes exact identification impossible under these circumstances. The serial number tells us when the watch was made, and that is engraved inside the movement.

But it matches images of the Hamilton 8800 Chronograph. The insurance company may find phrases like Stainless Steel case , steel outer tachymeter bezel, gold inner bezel ring, blued register hands and luminous hour and minute hand,white dial, gold sub-dial rings, and gold (applied) baton hour markers helpful for its description.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Reactions: Emayora and Indyago

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I think the above description is likely very close. Nice watch, hopefully it turns up. :sad:

Reactions: Emayora

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the above description is likely very close. Nice watch, hopefully it turns up. :sad:
It appears to be from the 1980s, which is after the American factory closed down, which makes exact identification impossible under these circumstances. The serial number tells us when the watch was made, and that is engraved inside the movement.

But it matches images of the Hamilton 8800 Chronograph. The insurance company may appreciate phrases like Stainless Steel case , steel outer tachymeter bezel, gold inner bezel ring, blued register hands and luminous hour and minute hand,white diak, gold sub-dial rings, and gold (applied) baton hour markers.

Hope this helps, and good luck.
Many, many, many thanks Indyago. Yes, I've contact Hamilton in Switzerland. But no reply from their side till now.

Thanks again is really helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.