WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before everyone starts out with the "get what you pay for," I know.... This is all I could afford at this time.

Got the 2 watch winder from costco and looks great as referenced here on this forum. Unfortunately, it does not keep my watch wound, even in the 2nd mode that goes clock and counter intermittently. I have witnessed it working the correct amount of times, switching direction, and it is plugged into the wall, no battery operation. It may be the weight of my watch, (L3.670.4.56.6 Longines Admiral Automatic Chronograph Mens Watch) that does not allow it to turn at proper speed? Any suggestions beside buying a different winder?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, watch usually comes off my wrist after a few days into the winder. If I don't wear it for a while, I will give it 30 winds by hand once it goes back on my wrist for the first couple of days.

I don't think it runs straight out of reserve at normal rate, the winder PROLONGS the power, but it doesn't keep it from dying....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sounds like it is not turning enough to keep it charged. Even if you put an almost empty watch on there, it shoudl eventually fill up it's reserver. Why else use a winder?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Two questions....have you tried another watch in the winder and since you have a chrono are the chrono functions turned off?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, the winder is obviously useless if it doesn't charge it.

1. No, the chrono is not running.

2. Unfortunately I don't have any other automatics yet to test it with.

This is not a really a HUGE deal because Costco has the 100% return policy but it still kinda chaps my @$$.

I watched some videos on youtube and don't see other constant winders rotating significantly faster than mine does, about 1 full rotation every 9-10 seconds, I've seen videos of some higher brand names rotating once every 14 seconds, so its hard to believe it is the speed.

I would be happy to return this and go up to 100 for a nice(er) winder, but is there anything within that range that is significantly better, or can I not escape the China motor curse....?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts