WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired this one awhile back and am curious as to the date and watches that would have originally sold in this box. Whwn you lift the lid, the inner portion pivots up and lowers when you close the lid.

It is in better shape than the pics would indicate, the red flock is not discolored as it appears in the photo. 1'm thinking early 70's as the watch that it came with was a 73 spaceview T (not the one in the picture though) but I am not sure it was the original box. I'm sure one of you has one of these and could help identify.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Definitely '70s. I think even through termination of the Accutron line. That box came in a couple different variations. Some had pleather tops and sides. Also used past Accutron time for quartz watches named "Accutron Quartz". Might also have had "Accuquartz" on them for that caliber however, that variation is pretty rare. I have one labeled "Bulova Accutron for Women". You usually don't think of that style box being used for a 214 but I don't know for certain. There were two other style boxes more likely to house that date 214.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'd say mid to late 70's at a guess as this box is more common with the quartz models even though it is not inscribed quartz. I don't think this was ever a 214 box as I have generally avoided this type of box as my collection is 214 based

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.