WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Florida for Thanksgiving wearing my B14 with newly installed M Chrono hands on a matching Watchadoo bracelet. The day after, we went to the outlet mall in St. Augustine. It was fairly busy as I went into a chocolate/candy store. I waited for the guy leaving to exit first and he held the door open for me. As I put my hand up to hold the door, I said thanks. He replied, "Nice Lum-Tec". I said, "Thanks. Do you have one?" He replied, "no", shook his head and left.

I was amazed because he didn't say, "Nice watch"; he said, "Nice Lum-Tec" and he only had maybe a second to look at it as I held the door open with my left hand. He also didn't own one. Just goes to show you that it seems there's some brand recognition building out there.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
That is a cool story about a cool watch! I really like your M series hands mod on your B14. :thumbup1: Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I had a similar experience about a year or so ago. I was in Brussels for a NATO conference - bored to death with absolutely no function or reason for being there. From my periferal vision I notice someone attempting to attract my attention. I look and a guy - I think he was with the news pool - was holding up his wrist, pointing to a C3. I too was wearing my C3. I never had a chance to speek to him, his section was hustled out while I was still captive.

There are only one hundred C3s in the world. To encounter one on a brief trip to Belgium has to be against overwhelming odds.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I don't think I've ever run into anyone who's had a Lüm-Tec, although I evangelize the brand when I visit independent watch stores.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've talked with more people than I remember about my watches and not of them had ever heard of the company. And many of these guys were watch dealers. As time goes the buzz will grow. They are amassing the best collection of superluminova watches anywhere. And I include the $3000 dollar Swiss jobs in that statement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts