WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for opinions, I know they are on the low end but I did see some interesting looking watches last night on ShopNBC. I did see a white dial diver that looks nice, very inexpensive, comparable to an Invicta white dial diver. Both have japanese automatic movements, both around 45mm. Any thoughts on the brand?

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Any thoughts on the brand?
Yes - the answer was in your post:

last night on ShopNBC.
Who made up the name for the brand?

"Let's pick a really expensive sounding name! You know, something like Patek Philippe!"

"Philippe is too general, and we can't use Patek because we'll be sued. Same with Audemars, and Piguet is out too."

"Nuts, how about we add the name of a really hot actress to a Swiss name that's synonymous with quality?"

"I like that. Constantin can't cause any problems. After all, it was not only a watch but a movie.... and Rachel Weisz was in it! BINGO!"

"AWESOME! Let's run it by the legal department."

:blink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes - the answer was in your post:

Who made up the name for the brand?

"Let's pick a really expensive sounding name! You know, something like Patek Philippe!"

"Philippe is too general, and we can't use Patek because we'll be sued. Same with Audemars, and Piguet is out too."

"Nuts, how about we add the name of a really hot actress to a Swiss name that's synonymous with quality?"

"I like that. Constantin can't cause any problems. After all, it was not only a watch but a movie.... and Rachel Weisz was in it! BINGO!"

"AWESOME! Let's run it by the legal department."

:blink:
Your replies are always so informative.:biggrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.