WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Confession to make. All this time I have been a huge fan, here is my collection.

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  ArchieGoodwin 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

So over the years I have not spent much time on WTF in making or responding to threads. That is the first thing I wanted to change. But my confession is that I have been a fan of vintage bulova watches in the dark. To be honest I didn't even know that any forums had a sub sections for us to talk about them. One thing I can say is that I wasn't influenced to like them which can happen when you spend too much time on the forums reading people's responses. So I realized I just like them because they are great watches at relatively affordable prices and the collectibility and history is there, which is important to me. So I just wanted introduce myself here and share my small collection of vintage Bulova watches with you all. I am vintage guy at heart because I love the patina :thumbup1:

Thanks for having me.

David Kim
Watches with Patina

I hope enjoyed the photos. cheers

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you for kind words. I do prefer to have at least a period correct bracelet if possible. I love the bulova/JB champion bracelets they used in the 70's a lot. If you know me from the other forums you know that I am in diver guy at heart. Vintage divers to be exact are my favorite. Strangely though I don't dive often and I swim probably as much as your average american but its something about the tool function, design, style and history about diver watches that just draw me into them.

#16 ·
David, what an incredible collection of Snorkels, 666 chrono's, and Deep Sea 666's! I don't believe I've seen all of these on your Instagram account. I think you've seen my Deep Sea 666 ft there.

I was looking at the bracelets you have on your Deep Sea's, and note that the one in the bottom right hand corner seems to fit the lugs the closest. Is that correct, and if it is, what brand/type of bracelet is that? Are you happy with it? The Jubilee type looks nice as well, but the end pieces don't fit quite right it appears. They're short, and because of the curve, stick up slightly above the lugs before the point where they end. I've been searching for the factory bracelet but haven't been successful yet. There's one currently on eBay but one endpiece is missing.

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.