WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got myself the first BALL watch 2 weeks ago. As I studied my new watch, the watches in their catalogue and the new folding clasp I purchased, I noticed that there are variations to the Ball's company logo designs. Photos attached for your reference.

I am not happy anymore with the brand and my new watch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Differences must be too subtle for me to spot ... BALL with the RR and "since 1891" centered underneath with "official standard" to the sides ..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1) On the clasp, the RR logo is off to the left, not centered
2) 'Since 1891' is off to the right on my Diver GMT and most watches shown in the catalogue
3) I also notice the line spacing between the lines in the logo is not even in some watches shown in the catalogue. The details are too small for me to reproduce to show here.

I would never expect I'll find out this much of imperfection in a well known brand.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
1. The centerline of the two R's is directly under the right serif of the A in all cases.
2. Can't really argue with that one
3. Looks the same to me

It's not unusual for brands to have slight (or even huge) differences in the logo depending on the size and print medium.

Does the RR on the crown of your watch line up vertically when tightened down? That's a lot more attention to detail than many many of the "major" brands pay ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. The centerline of the two R's is directly under the right serif of the A in all cases.
2. Can't really argue with that one
3. Looks the same to me

It's not unusual for brands to have slight (or even huge) differences in the logo depending on the size and print medium.

Does the RR on the crown of your watch line up vertically when tightened down? That's a lot more attention to detail than many many of the "major" brands pay ...
A bit slanted like 2 degrees to the left.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Seriously.... are you having a laugh?
Do you have an example of where the words 'since 1891' are aligned centrally below the RR logo? Every picture you posted seems to have the words in the same position, so I would have thought that's where they should be. Why do they need to be centred below the 'RR' if that's how they all are? Unless these are actually aberrations, and the logo should be perfectly centred above the words. I've had a quick look through some of the pics in this forum and they all seem to be aligned the same :confused1:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your problem, because I can't really see anything wrong (old eyes, perhaps?)

Edit - I looked closer at the non-watch pic (is it the catalogue?) and it does look more centred, but I'd put that down to the printing method and wouldn't really use it to compare with the watch printing. If I could see some examples of actual watches with the logo printed differently I could see where you're coming from.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Sorry if I didn't explain myself clearly.
What I was asking was for pictures of watches, not out of a catalog, that show the logo and words perfectly aligned. The catalog pics may not be of actual watches, but of computer renderings of the design. So, yes the pics in the catalog may not be real watches (strange as it may seem, it's not that unusual). The images you posted are too small for me to tell.
Sorry I can't be much help, I'm not trying to get into an argument over whether you're right or not - I just can't see it from the second group of pics you've shown.
Actually, I can't see any pics of your watch at all, except for a pic of the buckle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quality control - Omega, Rolex, Ball

Well I'm not sure I can see the issue with the pic's what's been posted here - what I will say is that my EMII Aviator GMT is absolute perfection to me, but who knows, if you lined up ten of them, would there be variations, or logo variations between models of different sizes? I posted in another thread about my lost Omega Seamaster - you may like to know that the dial on that one was not correctly aligned (so that the second hand never quite lined up with any of the minute markers). Also, my wife's Rolex Datejust has never kept great time, even after servicing. So far, the Ball appears to be simply a great watch that looks and works as it should.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
I am not happy anymore with the brand and my new watch.
Really, are you serious? Because of some "imperfections" in printing (and I'm being extremely liberal with that statement) you're not happy with the brand anymore? So quality of materials, accuracy, mechanical ability, engineering, etc. are all trumped by some micro printing that may be very slightly off? Keep in mind these dials and engravings are all made by machine and will have minor variations in them. I've had multiple other "higher end" brands that exhibited the same uniqueness in them to small extents when compared to other models of the same brand. To each their own, but these are not things that would make me unhappy with the brand. How the watches function and perform for their tasks, accuracy of the movement, appearance of design and the companies customer service all rate FAR higher on the "what's important" scale than this to me.

Again, to each their own, and wear what makes you happy. Just my 2c worth.... :thumbup1:

·
Registered
140 Posts
maybe if you blow them up and add grid lines, we can see the minute differences. :blink:
Curious, what made you buy this particular brand? I don't think you did it for the logo, right?

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
I think it's time to stop feeding this troll.

Rob

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I think you're right - consider it done :wink:
(hope I'm not stepping on your toes - it's not my forum. Feel free to come over to the Oris forum and close a few random threads :lol:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.