WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of us have been excited about the newly released 300M series Lum-Tec watches. No one has been more enthusiastic than I. However, my first love Lum-Tec was a combat series watch, the B3. There is something special about the simple design of the dial, the coin edge bezel and the great lume of the combat series watches that make them special to me. These watches are a nice size and weight for my wrist. This Combat B12 really speaks to me. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
All of us have been excited about the newly released 300M series Lum-Tec watches. No one has been more enthusiastic than I. However, my first love Lum-Tec was a combat series watch, the B3. There is something special about the simple design of the dial, the coin edge bezel and the great lume of the combat series watches that make them special to me. These watches are a nice size and weight for my wrist. This Combat B12 really speaks to me. Cheers, Bill P.

Love that watch, Bill. A combat classic. I agree with you about the clean, no nonsense design. One of the all-time best looking LTs ever. I really think they got the scale of the hands perfect because the beauty of that dial is set off so well. The paracord is a perfect mate for it, too. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I really like the look of the combats. I am going to have to learn these NATO straps. Never had or used them before but my SCB2 is coming with them. When I was in the army some of the guys used some Velcro bundt straps with a cover to protect the face. I just used the rubber strap that came on my Swiss army renegade. It was July in Georgia so this boy from Minnesota didn't want some big black piece of cordura wrapped around my arm.

Even though I was only allowed to wear the watch starting about mid way through basic and AIT it still got beat to crud by the time I finished.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really like the look of the combats. I am going to have to learn these NATO straps. Never had or used them before but my SCB2 is coming with them. When I was in the army some of the guys used some Velcro bundt straps with a cover to protect the face. I just used the rubber strap that came on my Swiss army renegade. It was July in Georgia so this boy from Minnesota didn't want some big black piece of cordura wrapped around my arm.

Even though I was only allowed to wear the watch starting about mid way through basic and AIT it still got beat to crud by the time I finished.

mistere, July is not a fun time to "vacation" in Jawja at a military camp! :001_smile: Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
427 Posts

buddy
nice combo
hey, do you really wear your watch that loose? (looks loose in picture)

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
buddy
nice combo
hey, do you really wear your watch that loose? (looks loose in picture)
Bill, I have the B12 on a ZULU and since I don't have a distinct wrist bone I wear my watch down next to my hand. I do tend to wear a watch a bit loose, but in the photo it looks to be more loose than it really is. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just got my SCB2 yesterday but I can tell its going to get a lot of wrist time. I haven't had a lum-tec for a couple months so waking up at 4:30 this morning and being able to easily read the time in the dark reminded me that as good as Seiko is, it's no Lum-Tec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.