WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Combat B15 to partner with my PVD Combat B9.

It is too bad that these models are not part of the 2012 lineup. These are a classic designed watch and I am glad to have ordered my group of them. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
264 Posts
COMBAT love

Sidecross,

I am feeling it too! Just picked up from WUS a COMBAT B10. I killed two birds with 1 stone. I needed another 24 hour watch to go along with my limited edition Glycine SST Double 24 plus I never owned a COMBAT Lum Tec!

The bead blasted finish and coin beveled edge is stunning in real life. The Combat B10 has an understated elegance. At 43mm diameter it's not huge but just the right size for casual wear when you are not diving. I see way too many divers on folks who don't even dive. I am PADI certified but that's besides the point. This COMBAT has a custom yellow painted seconds hand. It's not the color I would have chosen but it definitey stands out with the black background.

Any B10 owners out there? I can feel what y'all felt when you ordered this bad boy.

Chris, if you are thinking about expanding your line up for 2013 a 24 hour Super Combat would be most welcomed especially in different color combos and metal cases.

As an off subject, I am considering adding a cyclop lens on top of this crystal. Any opinions on how it would look? I am not too confident with the date window being at 4:00 it would look right. I am looking at the small circular cyclops lens like on the Panerai's. These are cool because they are under the crystal.

I ordered the Combat B15 to partner with my PVD Combat B9.

It is too bad that these models are not part of the 2012 lineup. These are a classic designed watch and I am glad to have ordered my group of them. :thumbup1:

Attachments

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sidecross,

I am feeling it too! Just picked up from WUS a COMBAT B10. I killed two birds with 1 stone. I needed another 24 hour watch to go along with my limited edition Glycine SST Double 24 plus I never owned a COMBAT Lum Tec!

The bead blasted finish and coin beveled edge is stunning in real life. The Combat B10 has an understated elegance. At 43mm diameter it's not huge but just the right size for casual wear when you are not diving. I see way too many divers on folks who don't even dive. I am PADI certified but that's besides the point. This COMBAT has a custom yellow painted seconds hand. It's not the color I would have chosen but it definitey stands out with the black background.

Any B10 owners out there? I can feel what y'all felt when you ordered this bad boy.

Chris, if you are thinking about expanding your line up for 2013 a 24 hour Super Combat would be most welcomed especially in different color combos and metal cases.

As an off subject, I am considering adding a cyclop lens on top of this crystal. Any opinions on how it would look? I am not too confident with the date window being at 4:00 it would look right. I am looking at the small circular cyclops lens like on the Panerai's. These are cool because they are under the crystal.
I have two versions of the Combat 24 hour watch one in stainless steel and the other in PVD.

The stainless steel version has the hour and minute marker fully lumed, but I like the stock version of the Combat Series minute and hour hands the best.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
739 Posts
[...]

[...]

Interesting! First LT with a yellow second hand that I've seen. Saw a photo of a C3 with a purple second hand the other day... to each his own, but I love the fact that LT is willing to accommodate these custom second hand color requests!

With regards to the cyclops, I've personally never been a big fan of cyclops in general so take the following opinion for what it's worth ( :T ), but I can't imagine an offset cyclops @4:30 looking very good. :confused1:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Interesting! First LT with a yellow second hand that I've seen. Saw a photo of a C3 with a purple second hand the other day... to each his own, but I love the fact that LT is willing to accommodate these custom second hand color requests!

With regards to the cyclops, I've personally never been a big fan of cyclops in general so take the following opinion for what it's worth ( :T ), but I can't imagine an offset cyclops @4:30 looking very good. :confused1:
Andrew,

Yeah, I am afraid you are right! Even an under the crystal circular cyclop lens at 4:30 would be weird looking. I guess it might be easier to get mono vision when I get my cataract surgery LOL! Under the right light, I can still see the date with my naked eye but that darn black background makes it hard. You younger folks enjoy your time. Presbyopia affects us all LOL!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hi Doc,

I think that yellow seconds hand doesn't hurt the looks of it at all.
It is something different, that alone makes it a cool piece, congrats!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Sidecross,

I have a B10. It's the only watch I own that gets wrist time every day. I love it. Mine is getting a bit banged up and I thinking of buying another for backup.

Here's a picture of it in its 'youth'. This was before I had the hands fully lumed by Lüm-Tec. Turned an already great watch into a super-duper watch.

P3200006.jpg

·
Registered
264 Posts
B10 after re lumed hands.

View attachment 28363
Wow Lazarbel,

I like, I like, I like!
The lume on my B10 is rather weak; what kind of bracelet did you get for it? it looks real nice. the previous pic unmasks an Eotech holographic scope. I am looking at adding an AR15. Can't decide between DI vs Gas Piston. I am leaning towards the SIG 516. I am new to assault rifles. I have a Steyr Aug clone (MSAR STG556) which is a bull pup design rifle. It was a whimisical purchase i..e didn't do much research but now MSAR is out of business. I am paying for my impulsive nature.

Which camp do you subscribe to? DI or Gas Piston.
Adcor makes a gas piston rifle with a similar mechanism as an AK! Not sure about the company so will stick to someone big this time.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I like the yellow second hand. I want to do mine in red but yellow looks cool too. I haven't worn my B8 in like 2 months. I'm gonna break it out tonight with the brown leather strap. Here's a pic of it.

My B8 has developed a problem where the hour chrono hand is like 4 minutes back in resting position. It's way off center. I tried to get it back by making the second hand go around a few times using the method you use to correct the chrono seconds when it goes back a second or two off center but that doesn't work.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts