WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Combat B2 just celebrated it's 1 year anniversary. My Seiko hasn't seen the light of day since I got my LT in the mail...

These Sony Noise-Cancelling Headphones look and sound great. Better looking and comparable sound features to the Bose and better sound quality than the Monster Beats.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"One who knows avoids Bose."
Never heard that before, Charles. A lot of frequent flyers swear by the Bose. I tested the Bose, Monster Beats, Sennheiser, and Sony for sound quality and noise canceling.

I'm no audiophile, but the Sonys won me over with their whisper quiet NC and their playback quality was great. And they were sturdy, compact enough for traveling and looked great.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Never heard that before, Charles. A lot of frequent flyers swear by the Bose. I tested the Bose, Monster Beats, Sennheiser, and Sony for sound quality and noise canceling.

I'm no audiophile, but the Sonys won me over with their whisper quiet NC and their playback quality was great. And they were sturdy, compact enough for traveling and looked great.
It mostly has to do with Bose loudspeakers and faux audiophile equipment. They are fine for items like the NC phones. The same goes for Sony stuff, but Sony has always seemed more honest about things like loudspeakers, not over-hyping and not pretending to be audiophile level.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It mostly has to do with Bose loudspeakers and faux audiophile equipment. They are fine for items like the NC phones. The same goes for Sony stuff, but Sony has always seemed more honest about things like loudspeakers, not over-hyping and not pretending to be audiophile level.
yea,
Most Bose products seem overpriced. On the other hand, the Lum Tec was worth every penny... And so far, so have the Sonys...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Bose products "consumer electronics" products are very good, but generally overpriced for what they are. You can kind of tell this because their prices and products don't change much over time. But the brand is strong enough that they can get away with it.

When I wanted to get some noise-canceling headphones, I ended up with some Panasonics that were about as good as the Bose (maybe a little less good) for under $100.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Great pics of a fine looking Lum-Tec, Scottie! I know you will continue to enjoy the watch. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Great shots, John....You may appreciate my recent acquisition..bet they would make your phones sing

Steve
When it comes to listening to music, I use Shure 530 ear buds.

Yes, they cost quite a bit but the sound out of the ’10 IPod Classic without an earphone preamp is just amazing.

Each ear bud has three drivers: two woofers and one tweeter.

The moldable like foam that fits into the ear canal blocks out quite a bit of ambient noise too. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Those are supposed to be fantastic, if not a bit expensive..but the build quality alone makes them worth the premium.

Steve

When it comes to listening to music, I use Shure 530 ear buds.

Yes, they cost quite a bit but the sound out of the ’10 IPod Classic without an earphone preamp is just amazing.

Each ear bud has three drivers: two woofers and one tweeter.

The moldable like foam that fits into the ear canal blocks out quite a bit of ambient noise too. :thumbup1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts