WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Class Act

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  lightman 
#1 ·
I was having a conversation with my dear wife, Mrs. Rusty, who just flew back into town tonight after being away on business for a few days. She usually asks, "How many watches did you buy while I was gone." I changed the subject deftly by discussing someone in town who is an elder statesman now and we both agreed that he is a CLASS ACT.

Can we say the same for certain Invicta models? I know my 3824 LE Diamond Pro Diver is a class act and last year's watch of the year for our forum. Do you have any Invicta models that you believe are CLASS ACTS?

#2 ·
Great Question!

I have fallen in love with Invicta it seems (from the many post and pictures that I see) for a different reason than many if not most in the Invicta forum.
I just plain love watches!:001_wub: However, my bank account limits the number I could own. Or, that is what I thought!:blink: My modest collection included a Hamilton, Bulova, Whittnauer, two Seiko's and a Citizen. I wanted more but could not come up with the coins.:mellow: Then, I found Invicta!:thumbup1: Wow! nice looking stuff and I could buy two or three for the price of just one of my others!:lol: So, now I own better than a half dozen Invictas. But, I have not broken the $150 barrier on an Invicta.

So, I am going to follow this thread closely. I love the look of the more expensive Invictas but at the same time I keep hearing horrible stories about problems and CS. Depending on what I learn here I my go ahead and drop the money of a really nice Invicta or, I may continue my practice of lower end with this company and spending the hard cash with the others.

I will be grasshopper. You all will be the masters. :001_unsure:

#3 ·
Well Rusty,
As you are aware I also have the 3824 and at first the size was an issue for me. Almost all of my watches are over 45mm but I have learned that size doesn’t always matter, class is just as important. It took me a while but after wearing it now for almost 3 weeks I have really grown attached to it. It oozes class with the subtle diamonds on the dial and the resemblance to the Rolex Sub. I have had people look at it and the first reaction is “that’s a nice looking Rolex”. While I appreciate the compliments people are taken aback when I tell them it’s an Invicta.
With a few differences like the diamonds on the dial, the larger size and the exhibition back my opinion is it looks better than a Rolex. Let’s not forget the attention to detail and quality.
While I still love all of my Invicta watches I have to say if I was to go out to a formal function I know the watch I will be wearing will be my 3824.

#5 ·
The 3824 is my choice as well. Those diamonds really sparkle and give it that extra something.
And for something a bit more bold, but still very classy, is my Time Square. It's a big bulky watch, but so well-made with a beautiful dial. And when you flip it open to reveal the mirror and nicely decorated 2824, everyone does indeed......flip. Wish I had a picture for the new guys, since they may be unfamiliar with the watch.

#6 ·
My new two tone OTV Swiss Pro Diver 4620 is quite a class act and IMHO its just as nice as last year's LE Pro Diver albeit less diamonds but with MOP..:thumbup:

#7 ·
Invicta and Class act in the same sentence? Ok, just these that I think are better than the average model.

#8 ·
Include my vote for the LE Diamond PDs as well. I have thoroughly enjoyed both my 3824 and 3826 for their accuracy, fit, and presence.

I would also include the model shown in Koi's 1st photo as well. That is one that I regret not getting when they were available.

#11 ·
Got it when it first came out a few weeks ago. Great magazine with some very nice watches and good articles. I recommend picking it up if you can.:thumbup:

#10 ·
IMO I have a few Invicta watches but the Reserve Speedway is a "Dream" of a watch. Invicta took the time and really put alot of effort into this watch. You must own/see one in person to see what I mean. Sure it's a quartz but WOW!! this is one well made watch. Class act? I would agree the 38XX series (I own a 3825) is very well done. Smacks of "High Class"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.