WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eric Clapton watch sells for $3.47 million | The Courier-Mail

I bet the Patek mob are in rapture. And I also bet it is probably one of the most dull looking things you could ever stare at. Sure it can probably tell the time in the four different time zones on Venus and Mars (I made that up) but, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....I'm going to sleep already.

$4 mil??? That's quite a few Accutrons.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I read somewhere that the proceeds from the sale went to his charitable trust. That is apparently the way he finances his charity, he buys a luxury item and keeps it long enough for his ownership to enhance the value and then he sells it and the money goes to his charity.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read somewhere that the proceeds from the sale went to his charitable trust. That is apparently the way he finances his charity, he buys a luxury item and keeps it long enough for his ownership to enhance the value and then he sells it and the money goes to his charity.
Good on him then. I think he is over-rated as a guitarist. I'm more an Angus Young sort of bloke...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.