WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious what you guys hate when it comes to cigars. Yes, we all smoke and love 'em - but NOT ALWAYS. Here is a small list that comes to my mind:

1. I hate the number ratings from the big magazines. Like that is supposed to be the last word on taste. I have tasted 93-rated cigars that are garbage to my palate. And I have enjoyed cigars that are not rated or even worth being rated that are very good.

2. I hate a cigar that won't stay lit.

3. I can't stand the taste of PENCIL SHAVINGS in a cigar. Many would call this a 'wood' taste. Maybe it is. It almost makes me sick and I've tasted it in many different cigars - even expensive ones. I wonder what this taste is, by the way.

4. I hate an over-priced cigar. If a cigar is on the expensive side, it BETTER have a reason to be such as real aging or special tobaccos from choice fields, or a great, original blend by a master blender, or special care in handling so that it just looks great and smokes easy like a Davidoff.

5. I hate a cigar from a cheap shop that doesn't display them in an attractive way or keeps them in a shabby humidor that is not set correctly.

6. I hate cigar fads like a certain size or brand that is suddenly all the rage. It is like a guy wearing a Rolex who doesn't know anything about it at all. I think a cigar should be smoked for taste and not to impress anyone or to look cool.

7. I hate a cigar that is too prominent in nicotine and starts to taste like pure nicotine.

Any other ideas???????

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I hate cigars that will not draw easily! These are a waste of time and should be tossed!

That is the main issue I have with hand made premium cigars!

Sent from Kevin's IPhone

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
So my biggest pet peeve is I love the aroma and smell of a good cigar, yet cannot stand the taste of any of them. So while I love the atmosphere of a good cigar, I can never smoke them as I just get sick. Oh well, I guess my lungs love my pet peeve... :mellow: :sneaky2:

I have a neighbor who would say his biggest pet peeve is the face when he drinks the lit end of his cigar always finds it's way to his mouth. It never fails.... It is absolutely his biggest pet peeve, but for me, that's hilarious.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I hate lighting up a cigar that hasn't been properly humidified. They'll split, come apart and burn way too hot.

I also hate a cigar that "canoes". You have to spend so much time screwing around with the **** thing that you can't relax and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I hate lighting up a cigar that hasn't been properly humidified. They'll split, come apart and burn way too hot.

I also hate a cigar that "canoes". You have to spend so much time screwing around with the **** thing that you can't relax and enjoy it.
I agree with these two for sure!

Sent from Kevin's IPhone

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
For me its very much the same. I hate a tight draw! I feel like I am sucking peas thru a straw. It fustrates me to no end so I just end up chucking it and reaching for another.

But what I really hate - is when I loved a cigar but it was my last one and I find myself all out! Now that really stinks....

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would say tight draw is number one.

A real big pet peeve is when you give someone who is supposedly a cigar smoker, one of you quality cigars, and he leaves 3/4's or more of it in an ash tray!!
Burns me up!! No pun intended.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
While I am a cigar smoker I 'HATE" people smoking cigars just in any regular bar
where smoking is permitted. I think that cigars should be smoked in 'cigar bars/lounges,
open patios (if a non-cigar lounge), but just smoking them in a regular indoor bars where
cigarette smoking is otherwise OK - is inconsiderate.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think I would light up a stick in a smoking bar if food was being served and consumed. But if it looked like dudes just smoking and drinking, I probably would. Since I have always LOVED the aroma of a cigar - even as a small boy - it is hard for me to understand how people can hate it or find it offensive. It's like Albert Einstein smoking his pipe....how could anyone hate that?

I also hate the people who don't seem to have the capacity to enjoy fine things and/or things of quality. I also hate people who are bored. How can you be bored?????

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
I hate the way I feel like a hypocrite and hide it from my kids. They aren't old enough to understand shades of grey and the difference between being a cigarette smoker and enjoying a nice cigar occasionally. It makes it hard to enjoy one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.