WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Munich-based watchmaker Chronoswiss has been sold to Swiss entrepreneur Oliver Ebstein, 37, and his wife Eva Maria. The Lucerne-based owners are new to the watch industry, and they have said that Chronoswiss will be owned by them privately, rather than through their investment company Meru AG.

“Chronoswiss is to be retained as an independent family. It is our great pleasure to introduce ourselves here to get involved in the long term, and sooner or later to direct the company itself. We want to continue the tradition of using high-quality mechanical watch components. Therefore, we look forward to working together with all employees on the success of Chronoswiss,” said Oliver Ebstein.

Former Chronoswiss managing director Pete Josef Burgmayer remains on board, though Sigrun Schilling-Heinen will not continue with the firm. Gerd-Rüdiger Lang is also expected to remain involved. Lang said, “I think the new arrangement is very good and I would love to be involved with Chronoswiss in the future and provide horological expertise based on my extensive experience.”

It will be interesting to see what a Swiss-run Chronoswiss will create for the wrist in the coming years.

Chronoswiss founder Gerd-Rüdiger Lang

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
".....Therefore, we look forward to working together with all employees on the success of Chronoswiss,” said Oliver Ebstein.
For the time being, anyway, the impression given is that the manufacturing end of things will remain in Gremany. I think the company has been going in the right direction up to now- hope it stays that way!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Maybe it will even improve. I have been tempted to buy certain Chronoswiss watches. however each time I have been disappointed with the level of finish, particularly to movement and modules.
Not on a level with even lower price point German makers like Nomos. Maybe under new ownership, this will be addressed and bring a potentially great maker into a stronger position.

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
You mean he isn't wearing special 3.5X power bifocals? :T
That could very well be the answer. I've just started using 2.5X reading glasses!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts