WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi all!
Does anybody here own this watch or actually seen one in person? I've been looking for a sub homage for the last couple of weeks which has involved a lot of research. I also like the Boschett Ocean Mariner and Debaufre Ocean 1. Does anybody have any input on the relative quality of these three watches?
Hi Bubba -

I've been on a similar quest and have been eyeballing the same watches. I thought about the CW 60 Trident but a couple of things turned me off on it. First, there are no half links on the bracelet and no micro-adjustment on the clasp. Would seem like givens on 300m diver. Reports are that the fit is very hit and miss. Further, it's butterfly clasp, not a diver locking "fold-over" type. Lots of moaning and wailing over that on the CW forum. Plus those teardrop hands just look goofy.

I give CW credit for trying something different, but for the price, Boschett and Debaufre are much better bets. I ended up buying a Bernhardt Corsair myself, which saved me even more dough.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Certainly no downside in that. Please post your comments after you get it.

Thanks for the reply DenverBuff,

I kind of like the teardrop hands, a little bit different from everything else out there.

As for the bracelet, I was also worried about the fit. I'm not too worried about the fact that it's a butterfly clasp and not a flip lock clasp though.

I decided to make use of Christopher Ward's 60:60 return policy to see if I like the watch, and I ordered a Trident with a size adjustment for $15. I guess we'll see whether it's a keeper or not! Thanks for your input.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts