WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you will be aware that last month I was told I may be losing my job and unfortunately last Friday that day arrived. The thought of being out of work scared me a lot. Trying to find work this time of year is really hard as a lot of places are winding down for the festivities.

Looking at some of the fine watches on the forum only made me jealous as I was now in a position where I may have to give up my beloved SMP to help pay the bills. The redundancy I received was pitiful and our savings had taken a battering lately due to some unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.

Today I received a phone call from a large company called DHL offering me a position starting Jan 14th. I'd applied for lots of jobs and this is the one I wanted more than anything. And now I've got it :001_tongue:

So I would like to thank Terry and Zin for there kind words of support as well as the rest of you guys.

Christmas just got better and I just cannot stop grinning :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Hey Fergie

MANY CONGRATULATIONS

That's really good news. Thanks for keeping us updated :001_smile:

Roll on a Very Merry Christmas

Be well now pal

ZIN

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
GREAT news Fergie...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

And that just before Christmas, enjoy your JD tonight my friend...:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Hi Fergie,

Many congratulations.

I'm so pleased that everything worked out for you.

You know the phrase "Blessing in disguise". Maybe last Friday this happened to you.

So, is there a celebratory Omega on the horizon?

I also want to say "Snap".

This is because yesterday I received an offer of a job that I had gone for last week (4 1/2 hour interview:scared:). This is a permanent position that perfectly reflects my CV and experience.

This is the final piece of the jigsaw that Helen and I required for our relocation. It couldn't have come at a better time because my temporary Delivery Driving job finished today.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
:)

well Mr Fergie,

I could not be happier for you.:thumbup:

there is your Christmas miracle:thumbup:

that is the best Christmas present I could ask for, that you and your family
are happy and secure....:thumbup:

Merry Christmas Andrew:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:):)
Terry58

·
Registered
522 Posts
Fergie. I'm very happy for you. I know what it's like to be out of work. Lot's of stress! Not good. And to get the one you wanted...wow. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! JW

·
Registered
577 Posts
Wonderful, Fergie! :thumbup1:

DHL, here, seems to be a rising star in their field. All the best!

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
:)

Hey Rick,

just saw, very good news for you also:thumbup1:

glad everything is going so well:thumbup:

Merry Christmas everbody:thumbup:

:):)
diver88

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Thanks Gentlemen,

Now if I can just convince Helen that a new Moon Watch will allow me to do my new job better it will be the perfect Christmas.:biggrin:

A Very Happy Christmas to everyone here too.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Unfortunately Zin, I think your fantastic pictures and anacdotes of your Speedy will only make me want one more and the timing isn't quite right at present.

I'm confident it'll happen one day though and I am very grateful for that.

Take care buddy.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Fergie,

Many congratulations.
Thanks Rick (and everyone else as well)

So, is there a celebratory Omega on the horizon?
Maybe, but not in the conventional way :rolleyes:

I also want to say "Snap".

This is because yesterday I received an offer of a job that I had gone for last week (4 1/2 hour interview:scared:). This is a permanent position that perfectly reflects my CV and experience.

This is the final piece of the jigsaw that Helen and I required for our relocation.
Well done Rick,

you're not going to be working at that really big place in the centre of Lincoln are you? The one that doubled up for Westminster Abbey in The Da Vinci Code film by any chance? :wink:

I would imagine a job like that would take a long interview.

It couldn't have come at a better time because my temporary Delivery Driving job finished today.
Ironically, that's what I will be doing. I love this type of work. I get to spend my working hours outdoors, meeting strange and wonderful people all over Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire. I cannot wait.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortunately Zin, I think your fantastic pictures and anacdotes of your Speedy will only make me want one more and the timing isn't quite right at present.

I'm confident it'll happen one day though and I am very grateful for that.

Take care buddy.

Snap.

The best things come to those who wait. I waited several years for my first Omega. I can wait a bit longer for the next.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Looks like good news comes in threes!

Good news for Fergie and Rick and for me!

I interviewed for a position with a healthcare company a couple of weeks ago. The executive director called this morning and asked me to come in to fill out the "new hire" docs and undergo health screening.

So first of the year I will begin service as their hospice chaplain and bereavement coordinator for Georgia. This is something I have been working toward for more than 15 years.

Prayers are answered.

May God bless you and yours this Christmas!

Fr. John+

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you Fr John. Roger (Beamon) best summed today up with his kind words (on WUS)

Products will be getting to their destinations better now with Fergie on the scene, while some of Fr. John's folk will be better prepared for their destination.

Who ever said the holidays were without meaning? I beg to differ.

It's just little comments like that that can bring a lump to your throat and a smile to your face. I love this WIS community.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts