WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
i'm wondering can cheap winders damage a watch, i already have two winders one is dulwish cost me around 500$ witch i'm using for my rolex and its great yet (having it for 3 years). second one is a diplomat double winder cost around 50$ and also its running great but a little bit noisy i'm using for my monsters.

i just bought a pam 320 and planing from now on to purchase only automatic watches and most winders(high end) that hold +4 watches are very expensive and in this money i can add some watches, so i found these two winders the price is very reasonable but i'm afraid there will be .00000000001% it will damage any watch.
feed back is appreciated

diplomat
700$

volta
1400$

thanks

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
When you wear your automatic watches do you hold your arm still?

There is nothing a winder can do that you don't do 100x worse by wearing the watch, and they are designed for it.

My question is, as you have pointed out, money spent on winders is money not spent on watches ... Unless you have perpetual calendar or some thing, why do all your watches have to be on a winder?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know my self if the watch is not wound it will not be worn, and also i can use it instead of a watch box it will be a nice display on the dresser.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Omartab, most automatics should be efficient enough to merely shake for 30 seconds or so to get started, and then set and wear. Or, for those auto's that you'd like to wind manually through the stem/crown, you could do that as well. Takes less than a minute or two to accomplish this. Certainly you've time for that....?

I agree with TC regarding watch features. Unless you have several watches you regularily wear that have many features and are a pain in the butt to set (which you'd probably like to have on a winder then), then spend the money on watches and not winders. ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts