WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Christmas time is near, and I was going to pull the trigger on a SS Daytona 116520, but searching for some pics and so, I found that Rolex is planning on doing the SS Daytona with ceramic bezel... Any news about?

Certainly I will wait IF it's true :thumbup1:

When I purchased my YM I went through the same, bought it, and two months later, Rolex changed the clasp on the YM and the new version is exactly what I would wanted :sad:

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Only Rolex knows if they will, and they won't tell. Logically since they released one in 18K it should filter down to the SS's, eventually. But that's an assumption and they have deviated from that on some models in the past. I can't remember, did they release a steel & gold version yet? I don't think so, but could be wrong. If not that'll probably be next (assuming the do roll it down) and then at least a year later they'll probably do the steel. So even if they do, you're probably looking at 2 years minimum assuming they haven't released the gold & steel version.

Personally if you want a Daytona I'd buy it now. If and when they release the ceramic version you can always sell it and get the new one. While the Daytona market has cooled off considerably in the past few years and you probably won't make money selling them, there still holding good value and you probably won't lose much (especially considering you were able to enjoy it for 2 years). Keep in mind, the Daytona has averaged about a 7% price increase each year for the past 4 years. If you wait and they don't release the ceramic version, prices will likely have gone up substantially in 2 years, probably close to $14K.

Good luck in the decision!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.