WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm relatively new to this forum, but amongst my watch-collecting friends, we also have a penchant for cars. So, wondering if the same holds true here in the WTF - Perhaps a quick poll of cars we drive, and cars we'd like to drive...and the watches we would wear driving the various cars!!
My current car is a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 and a Mitsubishi Endeavor.
I am a big fan of German cars, and used to drive VW's and Audis - I would consider an early 2000 Audi S4. My wife and I prefer AWD manual transmission cars ideally wagons/hatches for the dogs and kids - so my ultimate gift to "her" will be a Porsche Cayenne GTS (6spd manual) - some day. For me, I'll probably upgrade to a 2008-9 Subaru WRX STi one of these days, then wait for my cousin to sell his '08 Carrera4s.
My goal is to own more cars than watches!!
As for classics, can't beat a gullwing Mercedes in my eyes!! Jag D-type is a close second.
(Will work on attaching pics properly once I have some time - also in desperate need of a car wash - my MS3 with winter tires/rims on...)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I'm all over this one.

Nice choice with the Mazdaspeed 3. I would like to get one of these for my wife but with all the miles she puts on for work she wants something cheap. We prefer manual transmissions as well...we haven't owned an automatic since 2002.

The list of cars that I would like to drive is probably too long to include here but it's safe to assume that if it's made by Porsche, Ferrari, or Lamborghini it would be at the top of my list. My dog is named Enzo and unfortunately that might be the only connection I ever have with Ferrari.

On a more realistic note, at some point down the road I am thinking about the option of selling our 911 and Protege and then getting a used 996 and driving it all year long.

Current Rides
1985 Porsche 911 Carrera (Pictured below)
2004 Mazda 6 Wagon with 5 speed manual
2002 Mazda Protege

In addition to various daily drivers I have also had a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata (tons of fun for the money) and a 1997 Miata.

·
Banned
927 Posts
We currently own:
A 10 day old 2008 Nissan Versa SL hatchback w/CVT transmission

2001 Nissan Sentra SE
1999 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ
and my toy for the last 20 years...

1971 Datsun 240Z

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Oh yea...we love cars too...but you GOTTA have pics!!!! :w00t:

My wife's current:

Mine. :cool1:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
American Muscle!
Fun to drive 6 speed manual, 315 rated hp.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Mad Max: Nice T/A. I know Chevy will be reintroducing the Camaro; but, I have yet to see anything on the Firebird/Formula/T_A. Hopefully that will be coming next. Classic and great car.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
We got 3 laying around here....

My daily is an '07 Lexus ES350. Absolutely love it! :001_wub: :001_wub:
Got a '04 Ford Explorer, wife drives it. We usually use it to haul the boat or boy - not necessarily in that order... :laugh:
And got a black '65 Ford Mustang. A project car of my wifes years ago. Though to be honest, I don't think it's been driven in a year or so. Just sits in the basement garage..... :sad:

Only got a pic of the Lexus... Just realized I don't have any of the Mustang. I'll have to fix that this weekend..

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
W-a-a-ay outta my car phase.
Used to collect 'em. Watches are cheaper, take less space and you can take 'em with you instead of parking 'em.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Yeah, I love the idea of cars, but my locations isn't car friendly. My wife and I share a single Camry Hybrid. Parking for another car would be another 5K/year. On the plus side, I can pretty much get anything I'd every desire within a 1.5 mile walk of my home.

Ah, trade offs......

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
If it is a 64 1/2, KEEP IT AS ORIGINAL AS POSSIBLE They are rare, and actually built in 1965; but, the 'refinements' did not come into play until later that year. They are sought after by Mustang enthusiasts.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
If it is a 64 1/2, KEEP IT AS ORIGINAL AS POSSIBLE They are rare, and actually built in 1965; but, the 'refinements' did not come into play until later that year. They are sought after by Mustang enthusiasts.
Oh, its all original except the seats. They needed re-vinyled. Paint, trim, engine, AC (yes - it actually has AC!) all original.. Personally, I'd love to sell the thing though.... You know the watches I could buy with that?!?! :thumbup1: :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Yeah, I love the idea of cars, but my locations isn't car friendly. My wife and I share a single Camry Hybrid. Parking for another car would be another 5K/year. On the plus side, I can pretty much get anything I'd every desire within a 1.5 mile walk of my home.

Ah, trade offs......
As much as I like cars I could easily go down to just one if it meant I got to live where you do. We love San Francisco. :thumbup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
My everyday driver is an Infiniti G35.

But this is my toy...a 1967 Pontiac Firebird HO convertible...

It has been in the family for nearly 26 years - first belonging to my dad, then to me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts