WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. What does everyone think of this brand? (Not looking to buy one just asking). I don't really see them discussed at all that much around the watch forums. I see ads for them in magazines quite a bit so was just wondering. The watches look decent (although pricey) so I thought I would ask. They seem to be family owned and have been around over 90 years. I have attached some photos of their watches for those unfamilar with the brand. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
16,568 Posts
Speaking for myself, I have a lot of respect for CFB but I dont talk about them because I'll never be able to afford one. And without personal experience there isn't much I could bring to the table in the way of useful information.

Besides- there's well over 100 active watch brands out there (200 if you insist on including those irritating "fashion watches"). Some are bound to be missed unless and until someone like you comes along and mentions them. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
The first picture above is the Carl F. Bucherer Manero CentralChrono, which is reviewed in WatchTime (December 2012). It carries an ETA 2892 with a Dubois Dépraz module 2079. Retail Price: $7,100. The central chrono feature will be "cool" to some, "gimmicky" to others. I think it's an interesting way to remove the fur from a feline.

I, too, have been thinking about CFB lately. Not to buy. Just wondering how/where to place them. (I'm not even clear whether or not they are the same Bucherer as the famous Swiss jewelry stores.)

·
Banned
285 Posts
Bucherer is like a department store of finer quality brands with offers of their own house brand.
They move a lot of watches in Switzerland and their house watches have always been associated with premium caliber but not necessarily limited production watches.
When in Geneva, if you know the watch brand that you want, you simply visit that boutique. If not, you head to Bucherer.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Bucherer is like a department store of finer quality brands with offers of their own house brand.
They move a lot of watches in Switzerland and their house watches have always been associated with premium caliber but not necessarily limited production watches.
When in Geneva, if you know the watch brand that you want, you simply visit that boutique. If not, you head to Bucherer.

But they are a Rolex AD, correct?

·
Super Moderator
16,568 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I didn't know they had in-house movements. I found an AD near me which I may check them out but unfortunately they are way out of my price range.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The "Bucherer" brand had some confusion between the recognition/association of the name. The Bucherer group is a family owned watchmaking brand established in 1919 and developing watches since 1888 and based primarily in Lucerne Switzerland.

BUCHERER
The "Bucherer" Store, is the world's largest authorized Rolex retailer having strong ties to Rolex since the beginning. (The Bucherer's were sharing a shop with Hans Wilsdorf and officially since 1924, collaborating on watch development.)

B-SWISS
The old standard "Bucherer" watches line became "BSwiss" and their high-end luxury line now falls under "Carl F. Bucherer".

CFB - CARL F. BUCHERER
For their in-house Manufacture pieces have been labeled "Carl F. Bucherer" since 2001 as an homage to the founder by his grandson, Jorg Bucherer. They have plants in the Jura region of Switzerland, Ste-Croix and Lucerne.

Most of the Carl F. Bucherer watches are genuine, accurate, complicated and COSC-certified, made at their in-house Manufacture factory in Lucerne and Lengnau. They have a line of true GMTs and other complications and lines featuring their own movements.

The watches in the pictures are the
00.10910.08.33.01 Manero CentralChrono / Steel $7,100
00.10624.08.33.01 Patravi ChronoDate 44mm / Steel $6,300
00.10627.13.33.01 Patravi EvoTec Power Reserve / Steel $11,200
00.10629.08.33.02 Patravi Calendar / Steel $10,300
00.10630.08.33.01 Patravi BigDate Round / Steel $8,900
00.10620.22.93.01 Patravi TravelTec 4X / Rose Gold $52,900

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
BUCHERER
The "Bucherer" Store, is the world's largest authorized Rolex retailer having strong ties to Rolex since the beginning. (The Bucherer's were sharing a shop with Hans Wilsdorf and officially since 1924, collaborating on watch development.)

That's what I thought. It seems that buying a Rolex at Bucherer is, for some, a tradition unto itself.

Thanks for your good post.

·
Super Moderator
16,568 Posts
Geneva's intersection of the Quai du General-Guisan and the Pont du Mont-Blanc spanning the mouth of the Rhone River. Nice close-up!
I love the view at night, from the other side of the river. You can see the Rolex building on the extreme left-hand side of the photo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.