WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The company that I've worked for, for the past 21 years has a display here at Carillon Historical Park, gave every employee a free family pass to visit the site

So in the rush of trying to arrive before closing I forgot my camera, but I had my iPhone with me, so excuse me for the poor quality of the following pictures

National Cash Register (NCR) has a very nice display here, I highly recommend a visit to this place just to see the antique cash registers

beautiful works of art

and was angry with myself forgetting the camera - iPhone pictures are not doing justice to the beauty of these cash registers

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Man - O - Man computing is SLOW today, funny how when the electronic digital age reverts to yesterday the frustration boils quickly.

so many antique cash registers - very awe inspiring to see in person

The J.L Baker Carriage company - hmm, that's my name - the family tree that I can trace back for only six generations
shows that I'm not related to this group of Bakers

a Cadillac that has Charles Ketterings electric starter

interesting stuff - to me anyway

the Dayton motorcycle company

huge motorcycle compared to a Harley Davidson

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my daughters (two of the triplets) standing in front of the display of company that I work for

we build "easy open" end systems for the beverage container market, our company founder held patents
on this technology. . . we recently completed the "red bull" logo tab for the Asian market. We also recently
completed the new "crown" log in the Budweiser tab

our display seems to be lacking interest. .I mean shoot - there's more interesting historical displays hanging
in the shop in Kettering.

lets visit the "park"

oh wait - yet another room, or area of the main building - a full size operating carousal inside the facility

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
toy manufacturer

the good ole days

these two guys helped crack the code of the "enigma" machine

modern day NCR

with still more beautiful cash registers

Newcome Tavern

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

DELCO - Dayton Electronic Corporation, my Dad retired from Delco Moraine after 33 yrs of service

the first electronic cash register

We still have the Wright Cycle shop to see

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a large bicycle display, I like the wooden spokes

this green bicycle is a "huffy" - sad when Huffy closed its manufacturing facility in a neighboring town and 1,300
people lost their job - huffy moved its manufacturing to China

triplets liked this one

these wooden spokes are awesome

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks for posting all those photographs. That place looks amazing. Those cash registers are brilliant, real works of art. When you think that today, with all our "progress" all we can come up with are those awful electronic "beep" machines when we do our shopping.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes - bleep, bleep - I always enjoy placing those machines in the wrong language while operating them.

Yesterday the web was very slow, I gave up with out posting more pictures

the Baltimore and Ohio Rail Road, how times have changed - even my middle daughter moves faster than
trains

Captain shouts "Full Steam Ahead" - only to hear in response - "we're balls out captain"
meaning this governor is doing it's purpose by not letting the engine blow up

she told us that a ride in this luxury coach would've cost $3, but didn't know the conversion to todays $

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

she told us that this city bus has One Million miles on it and it never left the city of Dayton,

taken out of service in 1983

pioneer days

then to the Wright Brothers

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is the Wright Brothers THIRD airplane, the first one is at the Smithsonian, second was destroyed in crash

said the Wilbur Wright died in 1903, and that Orville Wright sold the business shortly after due to being
overwhelmed with trying to run the company alone

Orville was involved in building this building, this plane has been here since 1950

this is the camera that recorded the first flight, in which they had to wait for weeks while returning to
Dayton from North Carolina to develop the film, to find out weather or not they had captured flight

a grinder in Wright Brothers cycle shop - I program, set up and operate the latest technology in CNC grinders
today

primitive tools, sure aren't the "craftsman" brand here

a "lightweight" (40lbs) Wright B Flyer engine

·
Registered
15,314 Posts
REALLY COOL PICS !!!
Thanks for sharing, I truly enjoyed looking at them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts