WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anticipation is rising daily for this, nice snipe for £102. Seller specified solid gold, jeweller tested, but no hallmarks. Fully working, never had a chrono this old so look forward to checking out the insides and posting more pics and info when it gets here. Would appreciate any help with I.D. $(KGrHqFHJB0E63(J(c7uBP)i6eWNs!~~60_12.JPG View attachment 32015 View attachment 32016 View attachment 32017 I am a bit cheesed at this. The guy turned up on my doorstep while I was out, gave this to my wife and skipped out. The lug wires have been snipped off (That's why the strap looks tight, he fitted 24mm strap on 20mm lugs!), the body is well hammered and shows signs of gold testing (dark areas, scratches on back of lugs and inside caseback.) Watch works, but sometimes stops when chrono is used. BTW, how do you reset these? Top button stars, bottom button stops, but thats all that happens. no reset when pressing either button.

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
2 register chronographs from the 40's and 50's often used the Landeron 148 or Venus 188. Can't tell you much more without better pics.

·
Super Moderator
15,657 Posts
Now you know how we feel. Can't wait for those pix!

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I complained about the condition and got £25 refund! Felt a bit guilty when I took it to a gold buyer today and they told me it is 18K solid rose gold. But not that guilty!

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Forgot to put the front pics on.... omega s 016.jpg omega s 024.jpg Chrono works, but flyback lever spring was missing. After being quoted £40 with tax and postage ( about $64), I made one out of a small coil spring as I had a Landeron 48 parts and service manual downloaded so I knew the shape and size. Now works perfectly!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts