WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
27,654 Posts
Welcome Ethan. Press the flower button on your camera to put it in macro mode. This will allow it to focus for close-up shots.

Nearly verything you need to know is written on that dial. It's a Seamaster De Ville model - or at least it appears to be. These were made in the mid 60's. The date window tells me it has a movement from the 56x series, a 562 most likely. A watchmaker could open it up (it comes out the front) and get the reference number from the inside of the caseback and the serial number off the movement which will tell the year of manufacture.

· Premium Member
2,611 Posts
This one looks solid gold instead of gold capped, beautiful!
Yup, judging from that caseback I'm inclined to agree. And that looks like a grey sunburst dial, which IMHO makes for a gorgeous combination.

· Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Might be a gold filled case though. They had gold colored casebacks & lugs too.
I did not know that.:blink::eek:hmy: Well, FWIW, given the bend in that one lug and the dull sheen of the caseback, I'm leaning towards real gold.

· Premium Member
2,611 Posts
On the case it says "14K gold filled." Not sure what that means.
It means I was wrong and Dennis was right (as usual).:blush:

Gold-filled means there is a layer of gold bonded over the stainless steel case. This isn't to be confused with gold-plate, which is inferior in both quality and worth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.