WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m a watch noob so I decided to ask for some help. Im buying online and I found this watch but I don´t know anything about it, not even the brand name. Any input would be appreciated
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

·
Super Moderator
15,943 Posts
It's got me stumped as well. ..I don't recognize that logo from ANY of my WatchTime, Chronos, or Swiss Watch International magazines.
There's NOTHING on the packaging to tell you who made it???
Can you pop (or unscrew) the back of the case off to see what is engraved on the movement... I'm assuming its mechanical. If it has a quartz movement, don't even bother.

·
Super Moderator
6,096 Posts
It's got me stumped as well. ..I don't recognize that logo from ANY of my WatchTime, Chronos, or Swiss Watch International magazines.
There's NOTHING on the packaging to tell you who made it???
Can you pop (or unscrew) the back of the case off to see what is engraved on the movement... I'm assuming its mechanical. If it has a quartz movement, don't even bother.
That might be difficult... as the OP said, the vendor already sold the watch and now the OP just wants to know "for the sake of it" .....

·
Super Moderator
15,943 Posts
I see, said the blind man as he picked up a hammer and saw!
With the current ''online vogue'' being that you must think and type in incomplete sentences, I wasn't sure if the OP had meant the watch was no longer available to him, of the seller had merely updated the listing as being "sold and no longer for sale to anyone else ".
Whatever.
I seriously doubt I'll lose any sleep over this this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking at the layout of the dial, this could be a quartz watch, it might be an ETA 251.294 movement, which Cas-Ker sells for $130. That would put the complete watch at north of $500 at retail. It could also be an ISA 8171/202 (same layout), movement $30, watch around $200. Miyota has a very similar movement but if "Swiss Made" is telling the truth, it shouldn't be a Miyota.

I don't recognize the logo either. Grab your loupe, pop the back (carefully) and tell us what you find.

Best Regards,

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts