WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i.imgur.com/VRpQe.jpg

It says 14k on the back. I was told it was from the 1950's.

Can someone identify, and tell me how much it is worth? I still have the original box.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Welcome to Watch Talk Forums, Zuluhotel. :thumbup1:

Old Bulova wristwatches from that era will usually have a date stamp on the back case plate. We have a handy Vintage Bulova reference material thread near the top of this forum that will help you in identifying the date of manufacture of most of the vintage Bulova watches. Yours should have the letter "L" accompanied with a number -- I would guess a 6 (for 1956). The closest I can come to identifying that model, by educated guess, would be a Bulova "Senator" with diamond indices.

It is impossible to place a monetary value on old watches unless they are valued for their gold or platinum content. Basically, vintage wristwatches are as valuable (monetarily) as what someone is willing to bid on one at auction. Nice piece, however.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
You'd probably do better with one of the online forums. I think you need to have a minimum post count (number of comments) of 25 or greater to post anything for sale on Watch Talk Forums' Sales Forum, but there are other online venues (e.g., Ebay) where you can sell it auction style by opening an Ebay account and registering as a seller. That way, you can set a minimum (or reserve price) that would be the lowest price acceptable to you, and let it run for certain lengths of time (e.g. "one week" or "thirty days"). That would probably be your best bet.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
The forum mybulova.com can help you get an exact identification. When you list and describe the watch, you also have the option to list it as for sale. Beautiful watch. I wouldnt say it is a rare model. the Bulova 17J and 23J auto wind movements are very durable. Knowing about its service history also increases value - if it has been recently fully serviced, the value is slightly higher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.