WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was recently given an ESQ Chronicle (07301375) watch as a present. It is my first nice watch (love it!) and I have been trying to learn as much as I can. The one piece of information I can't find is it's specific movement. I was told by a jeweler it was an "ETA Something", but he wasn't sure. I have included a link to what the watch looks like. Thank you so much.

ESQ by Movado Chronicle 07301375 Watch | Ashford.com

·
Super Moderator
16,575 Posts
This is really, really hard to answer w/o examining the inside of the watch.
The Chronicle (also) used the Claro-Semang CL-888 movement and I've found conflicting data on Claro/ETA interchangeability due to the stem length. The two most often mentioned and best candidates the ETA 2824-2 and the ETA 2836-2.

If you'll please pardon a stupid question: are you sure the movt. isn't mentioned in the spec sheet of your owner's manual?
You could also try emailing Movado/ESQ asking customer service which movement is used. Just tell them what you told us and I'm sure they'll be happy to help an actual (as opposed to a potential) customer!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Your watch is powered by the Claro-Semag CL-888. The movement is in abrazed-polish trim.

I have been using the same movement since late 2005 for my own watches.

Kindest regards from the Jura mountains,

James Elsener

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.