WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone shed some light on this Seamaster? I think its a 60's or 70's watch.

It has *180<omega symbol> on the back and what looks like 'biba' or 'biga' engraved on the shoulder.

Photos show what I mean.

Thanks.

113.jpg 117.jpg 120.jpg 122.jpg

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
It has a battery powered "hummer" or tuning fork caliber inside. The engraving is something done by a watchmaker or the owner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a battery powered "hummer" or tuning fork caliber inside. The engraving is something done by a watchmaker or the owner.
Thanks for the quick reply. Any idea about value or model name or number? Yes it does Hum!

I have gone to a number of jewelers here in the uk and insurance values range from "I have no idea!" to a few hundred to thousand or so.

One jeweler said the engraving was a model number...

Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Well, it's obviously a Seamaster. :wink::laugh: Looks a lot like a reference 398.0806 but without the rotating bezel that one had. If it's gold plated it's worth $300-ish, but wait for a member who's more informed on hummers to come along.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a few of those Omega f300hz watches but I havent seen many with the case that yours has. It looks similar to a case that Titus uses on some of their tuning fork watches but the one you have is gold plated OR solid gold?... If youre looking for a little info on the watch, I can tell you that its probably powered by a caliber 1250 (date only) The 1260 had the day/date feature. If you're looking for a case reference number, try having a watch repair guy take the back of the case off and you should be able to find that information on there. None of my Omega tuning forks have the *180<omega symbol> on the back so that's something new to me as well. Hopefully one of our other members comes along and answers that for you. As for the value of the watch, my guess is the same as Dennis's (user: ulackfocus). Try doing an eBay advanced search of completed listings on "Omega f300" and you'll probably get a better idea of what they sell for in todays market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts