WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......ordinarily, I can't afford Lonignes, but this one slipped into my hands for a ridiculous price, cause there's no crown ......and that's what my excellent watch guy Jerry is so very good for ......probably need to get it running too....

anyway, I was having trouble with the settings on my camera today, took them in a hurry before they were to the hospital ......and like a dummy I forgot to get a single one of this watch ...so it's from a group shot and blow up way too far ....

the dial is pretty good, there are age spots but they;re very small, and evenly scattered around the dial ...you have to either have very good eyes, or use a loupe to even notice them ......

that being said ....is the photo good enough to give any info to you Longines experts..???

and when I get it back......I'll take some good photos .....er....I hope anyway

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Late 50's or 60's, probably a caliber 30L or 23Z. If it's plated it can sell for a buck or two. If it's solid gold then it's worth $450 minimum even in the condition it is, and restored can sell for $600 and up.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is only plated ......however, the plating is in very good condition .....no brassing as far as the naked eye can tell.....I got so many watches so fast, and wanted to get them off to Jerry that I didn't look really closely at any of them .....

Jerry is very handy to have around .....almost all of the watches I got are not working .....the $20 group actually had more working watches in it that I bought seperately ......

but a watch wound too tight, or missing crown or some such easy fix .....that nice man charges me just a teeny tiny bit of money to fix, and so far, all of the good brands have responded nicely ......

and because there's something wrong with them I can pick them up for a song .....and so even if one or 2 of them out of 20 or so won't work .....that's a pretty good return ......and I can every now and then splurge on something like this Longines, which I think is a very nice looking watch ....,.or a Hamilton in very clean condition .....

now if I could just afford an Omega or 2 .......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts