WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had my grandfather's 14K gold Longines for about 20 years. I use it as my dress watch. Here is a pic of it on my wrist:

Anyway, today I found an identical watch (but a bit cleaner) for sale in Germany. Here is a pic from the website.

I never thought I would see another of these, which makes me wonder if I could learn more about it. It has no markings on the back except for the 14k mark. Has anyone ever seen one of these before? Were they common? My grandfather probably got this in the '40's or '50's. He died in 1974 when I was 4. By the end of his life he enjoyed some luxury items (he drove a Cadillac) but was not "rich". My late father told me that this was my grandfather's everyday watch (it was on a stretchy Speidel band when I got it). Anyway, any help you could provide would be great--I would love to learn more about this heirloom.

·
Registered
160 Posts
A picture of the movement would help identify the year of manufacture and a few other tidbits of information. Longines imported movements to the US, which were cased here to save on import duties. Many did not have model names and nonetheless were very fine watches.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
That's a manual wind caliber 22LS most likely, and I believe it's called the Anniversary model. I've got the automatic versions - one with subdial seconds (22A), one with center sweep seconds (22AS). The 22AS dial looks very much like yours, only with AUTOMATIC on it:

Both together:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.