WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am another newbie to the Longines Forum (Omega and Smiths watches make up my collection)

a friend of mine has emailed me a picture of his late father's Longines wristwatch in the hope that I could

find out more about it.

Having trawled the web with no results I am hoping that someone on this forum may recognise this watch.

My friend thinks it's from the 1940s, it has 14k on the back (don't know if that means solid gold or filled)

He cannot get the back off so I have have no serial or case numbers. (sorry)

I know it's not much to go on but any help will be very much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Hi drowsy. The "Automatic" is not original to the dial. It isn't the correct font. Both the "LONGINES" above the winged hourglass logo and "SWISS" at the bottom do look correct but a better picture is necessary to be sure. If it is really an auto, it would definitely be a caliber 19A from the 50's. The only other possibilities for an automatic with subdial seconds in Longines line is the 22A (1945 - 1952) but that dial style is later than that series was made, or a 352 (1960 - 1967) but they were used in front loading cases. The 19A was produced from 1952 through 1958. More details available here: http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/longines-forum/35800.htm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thank you very much for all of the information and your speedy reply I really do appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts