WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used one of my favorite old cameras as a prop in several photos ........ what are some of your favorite props??

My Leica M4 with its timekeeping pals :001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
:)

Mr Eng,

the camera does make a good prop, those photos are just great.:thumbup:

I have not as yet, but I have an old camera or two I had thought of trying, I'll need to now just to see what I can do. you have given me a project, it will be good practice.:thumbup1:

:):)
diver88

BTW, how old is that Leica? a buddy of mine has several....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how old is that Leica? a buddy of mine has several....
Its not that old, i bought it new in 80 i think :blink:
Also had a M3 double stroke with an f2.0 50mm collapsible Summicron and i had to let it go to help pay for a work camera at the time.
I should have never sold it :crying:

PS. dont call me mister, that was my dad .......... jeff will do for me :thumbup1:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
I remember those Leicas Jeff. They were a bomb ( meaning expensivo ) over here and probably most places too.

Don't suppose you still use it do you?........ other than for a prop I mean ;)

Be well pal

ZIN

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
I actually do have a really old camera that I used as a photo prop once...can't find the photo though at the moments. :mad:

I am however a big believer in using props. I think knives work well in watch photos:

Flowers can work well:

I love using pens too!

Cell phones....

Car keys....

Sometimes rings or other forms of jewelery:

Sometimes the best shots combine lots of props! :biggrin:

·
Registered
748 Posts
All my 'old' cameras have been sold or gifted away.:crying:

I had a Brownie Hawkeye that I gave to a female friend heading off to photography school. I even had unexposed film for it older than me ("Please develop by xxx xxx 1967...") I have not seen her, or it, since.

My CANON F-1's (I think I had five or six over the years) are all gone. I still have the original dealer booklet from when I was looking at my first one...

I have a Polaroid Land Camera somewhere. I have to hot-rod the battery compartment, as it uses some strange battery not found on this planet any longer (except for land-fills). That uses the same film as the microscope in work, so film is easy to get (but not cheap). THAT camera takes BREATHTAKING landscape photos. I only use B&W film in it, in homage to Ansel Adams who dragged a large format all over the world to remind us not to destroy what we have...

Anyway, now the oldest camera I have is an EOS-1v... Not terribly romantic I'm afraid.

I do have plenty of knives (my brother-in-law is a collector) and guns of all shapes, sizes and vintage. I just don't have that many watches!:lol:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great shots John :thumbup::thumbup:

I will have to try using some knives, i think i have that same spyderco that you used though mine looks like its been through i war :scared:

I also have a cool Tim Herman knife that would look great, now i have a project :001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
........... and guns of all shapes, sizes and vintage.
Oh i think i can do guns as props:001_smile: i have a few of those :lol::lol:

Not really a prop, just a snap with the point and shoot.

Wrist shot :wink:

With my friends at the ATF :w00t:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Really fantastic shots everyone! :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts