WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am interested in purchasing a ventura quartz for myself after I recently received a khaki king II for graduation. I am wondering what the difference between H24451731 (50th Anniversary Model) vs the H24411732 model? I am wondering if it is just a limited edition watch (50th anniversary) or if there are any size differences.

H24451731 Specs:
Maker article number H24451731
Movement Quartz
Color A clockface: Black
A case: Silver
A belt: Black
Material Stainless steel, black co-leather, sapphire glass
Waterproofing Everyday life waterproofing
Size Face diameter side approximately 32mm (Lew's is excluded)
Thickness approximately 10mm, approximately 50 g in weight,
Belt approximately 16mm in width - approximately 17mm
Arm circumference approximately 14.5cm - approximately 18.5cm

H24411732 Specs:
Maker article number H24411732
Movement Quartz
Color A clockface: Black
A case: Silver
A belt: Black
Material Stainless steel, leather, mineral glass
Waterproofing Everyday life waterproofing
Size Face diameter side approximately 32mm (Lew's is excluded)
Thickness approximately 10mm, approximately 50 g in weight,
Belt approximately 15mm in width - approximately 17mm
Arm circumference approximately 15cm - approximately 19.5cm

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
The real difference is cosmetic and limited to what the dial looks like. As you guessed, The 50th Anniversary model is a Limited Edition version, but it is also much less of a true reproduction than the H24411732.

The Anniversary H24451731 only has the words HAMILTON and Electric on the dial. It is missing the small globes at the end of the hour markers, and the "back-and-forth" design, which is actually the electronics symbol for a resistor, going from the 9 to the 3.

The H24411732 has the HAMILTON, the globes and the resistor symbol, but does not have the word Electric.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The real difference is cosmetic and limited to what the dial looks like. As you guessed, The 50th Anniversary model is a Limited Edition version, but it is also much less of a true reproduction than the H24411732.

The Anniversary H24451731 only has the words HAMILTON and Electric on the dial. It is missing the small globes at the end of the hour markers, and the "back-and-forth" design, which is actually the electronics symbol for a resistor, going from the 9 to the 3.

The H24411732 has the HAMILTON, the globes and the resistor symbol, but does not have the word Electric.
Thanks, I ended picking up a slightly used from one of the forum sponsors in another watch site. Comes complete with box & papers for $400 shipped, had to pick it up after jomashop sold out of the regular version @ $575. Figured this would happen with the MIB moving coming out.

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
OMG, you're going to love it and I am Officially green with envy!
The Ventura/Pacer is arguably Hamilton's hottest case design and I suspect it would be so even without the movie (although it surely helped.

Please, please, please- We gotta have pictures of it after at arrives!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG, you're going to love it and I am Officially green with envy!
The Ventura/Pacer is arguably Hamilton's hottest case design and I suspect it would be so even without the movie (although it surely helped.

Please, please, please- We gotta have pictures of it after at arrives!!!
I have been scoping this watch for a while now and was going to buy the regular version but at $575 for a quartz was a little more than I was willing to spend. Luckily the regular Ventura sold out and the limited edition popped up at a great price @ $400. Plus it doesn't hurt it was a limited edition, will try to take pictures when the watch arrives.

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Take a good look guys- that is an original Hamilton Ventura strap Dan has there. Very hard to find in such good condition!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump. Got the watch and after seeing MIB III and the bracelet version on Josh Brolin's wrist, made me want to get the bracelet. My question is if I can just stick one of those speidel steel bracelet one can find in the department store and stick it on the ventura.

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Sure!

As you can see, there is nothing special about the lugs on a Ventura, and it will accept virtually anything, whether metal, leather, or nylon. You are only limited by your own preferences. I would ask you to know space (measured in millimeters) between the two lugs. Even metal bands come in different sizes. If you get a band that is slightly too narrow it will look sloppy when sliding back-and-forth on the spring bar. You will want a snug fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts