WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i'm new to this forum. i'm trying to find two diver bulova watches.i've seen both watches on line in italy.i tried talking to to seller ,but he only responds back in italian.so there is a communication barrier.anyway here are the vintage wathcesi'm looking for.bulova trident automatic,bulova sub freccione, and a bulova oceanographer snorkel 666.i know i'm really asking to find this gem a u.s.n. bulova prototype diver watch mil-w-22176this watch resembles the bulova sub freccione that i'm trying to get.your help will be greatly appreciated i love diver watches.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I don't think I totally understand your question.
The only one of those watches with which I am familiar is the Snorkel 666. I have seen a number of them on ebay. I don't have one but they are similar to my DeepSea 666.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Occasionally, you can find Oceanographers on Ebay. But usually I see 333 ft versions.

The others may be rarer or I just don't see them.

Another solution would be find a member here that lives in Italy and will negotiate for you on the two there you were asking about.

Good luck!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Earlier this year I picked up a Bulova "666" similar to the one pictured. These can be found with patience and persistence. That being said, most of the ones I have seen have been well used, probably for their intended purpose and show a lot of wear and tear. Movements and movement parts are easy to source, as other Bulova watches used this movement. Case parts are virtually non-existent, especially bezels, so the challenge lies in sourcing these parts. While they are nice watches, I don't follow the high pricing on them as they had a fairly mainstream movement inside of a waterproof case. It did not have a screw down crown, so I suspect many succumbed when the crown gasket went bad. Mine is waiting in the que to go to the watchmaker for a COA and perhaps new crystal if one can be found.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.