WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Update on this 714. I procured a nice BB crystal press off ebay with aluminum dies in nice shape. Beveled dies for tension ring crystals and straight dies too. Well, it worked a treat. Proving again that proper tools for a job are a must.
Now I get it back together to find that the nos bezel I have that I thought was for this watch is incorrect. :cursing: This takes a B194. Figured I would have a look on ebay just for the heck of it and got lucky! :w00t: A case with a bezel and the case looks rough (I hope). So anyway, here are wrist pics so far, cleaned up a bit and running great, new rotor axle and crystal and waiting on a bezel. A little pricey now but saved from the parts bin!

Attachments

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I have three like this now, no devilish implications on the dial, just Bulova, Snorkel and Automatic. I like 'em.
The wrist pics above... kinda makes me feel like if I were wearing a speedo in public. :blush: Need a bezel soon...

· Registered
458 Posts
I'm dressed now... 😊

I have a lollipop seconds hand I could put on, anyone know if they came on this model?
Silver stick seconds with that one. It’s potentially a Japanese domestic version without a 666 on the dial. The lollipop seconds came with 6 out of the 9 variation dials I’ve seen thus far. There’s also a variation with a silver seconds hand rather than a red one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts