WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Virtually all Precisionist models are on the large, bulky side of design. Some might also say they are a little gaudy. A few of the newest models are slightly smaller and of a more conservative design. At the moment I have a Champlain Chrono diver that is very thick and large. Not certain of its exact diameter but must be close to the watch you reference. Size is a matter of preference and you will have to make the final decision. I have always tended toward the older, smaller watches but in the last couple years have purchased a few larger, bulkier models. I am satisfied with how they wear and look on my average size wrist. I actually bought the Chrono diver because it is large, bulky and on the blingy side. Perhaps you can find a dealer who has that model in stock and see how you feel about its size on your wrist.

The claimed accuracy of + or - 10 sec/yr has been the subject of much discussion on watch forums. Many earlier models (2010 introduction) didn't do so well on the accuracy side. I have a 2011 Claremont that has already gained 6+ seconds since being re-set for regular time in early Nov. - not good! The Chrono diver has only gained about a second since then. I have the Precisionist watches because of the unique movement and that I collect Bulova timepieces.

There are some excellent deals on eBay, offering DEEP discounts off MSRP. I have owned four Precisionists watches but sold two of those when "moving up" to a model more desirable to me. Two were purchased new, two in mint used condition. All have functioned properly, if not to the claimed accuracy. Hope this helps.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts